Urban Decay Eye Shadow - Mildew (green shimmer)  » Cosmetics  »
2.5
  • I bought this eyeshadow when I was in a hurry looking for a green to replace a deep green shimmer Shiseido eyeshadow I had in an eyeshadow quad
  • Unfortunately, the shade is a bit more yellow than my other eyeshadow which really made my skin look a bit yellowish
  • It looks a bit darker in the eyeshadow pot than when you have it on, so I definitely recommend testing the color on your skin before you buy it
  • Between the color not being my preference and the shimmer sticking to various parts of my face, I don't think it's worth it
  • I might recommend this shade to someone if they try it out first and make sure it really works with their skin tone, but I think you can find better-looking colors for less money

• by Melanie Noell

This is probably one of my least favorite Urban Decay eyeshadow colors, although it does have the same great quality that other Urban Decay products have. I guess it’s just personal preference that this shade of green doesn’t work very well on my olive skin tone.

I bought this eyeshadow when I was in a hurry looking for a green to replace a deep green shimmer Shiseido eyeshadow I had in an eyeshadow quad. Thinking it looked the same, I picked this color up without thinking. Unfortunately, the shade is a bit more yellow than my other eyeshadow which really made my skin look a bit yellowish. The color itself

might be OK on someone with fair skin and possibly pink undertones; however, this eyeshadow reminds me of a darker leprechaun green with a bit of shimmer when it’s on my skin. It looks a bit darker in the eyeshadow pot than when you have it on, so I definitely recommend testing the color on your skin before you buy it. As with other shimmer eyeshadows made by Urban Decay, the shimmer tends to leave flecks of glitter around your face and on your hands which can be a bit annoying.

The eyeshadow costs $17 like the other Urban Decay eyeshadow pots, and it’s not something I would ever pay ...

• for again. Between the color not being my preference and the shimmer sticking to various parts of my face, I don’t think it’s worth it. Not for me anyway. I even think that the consistency is a bit poorer than my other Urban Decay eyeshadows, possibly because the shimmer/glitter makes it a bit more difficult to blend smoothly onto the eyelid.

On a positive note, it does tend to stay in place for quite a while, and I’ve only had a problem with eyelid creasing once. I was wearing this Mildew color along with a black and a gold, so I’m pretty sure it was the other colors that were

causing the smudging and subsequent crease. It’s also one of the worst Urban Decay eyeshadows in terms of blending smoothly with my skin. I’ve tried a sponge applicator, several brushes, and my fingers, and it just never really blends into my skin the way other shadows do. It feels light on my skin, but it’s annoying how difficult it is to get an even color on my lids.

I might recommend this shade to someone if they try it out first and make sure it really works with their skin tone, but I think you can find better-looking colors for less money. And they probably won’t leave glitter on your face.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3125111546660330/k2311a1125/11.25.11