Dressage Saddles
  • So let me start by saying people who want a comfortable saddle that is easy to lift and transport the dressage saddle is perfect for you

• by Khrystian

Many people that enjoying trail riding often choose western saddles to ride in. I find that many of them are either one, afraid to try an English saddle due to it being so much smaller. Or two they have no idea Dressage saddles even exist.

So let me start by saying people who want a comfortable saddle that is easy to lift and transport the dressage saddle is perfect for you! I started out on

your basic western saddle which always rubbed in places that weren’t meant to be rubbed. Also the tree on most western saddles are right under the seat with very little padding which hurts to sit on.

I had a fear or perhaps spite against English dressage saddles. I was practically forced to just try it. But once I sat down it was perfect. I would never ride in another saddle. Dressage saddles have deep seat ...

• meant for comfort because dressage riders hardly do a posting trot. The deep seat also helps keep ones bottom in the seat despite what people think. Dressage saddles are a lot easier to ride in. I was also able to get a lot more leg contact. Which was hard in a western saddle due to all the bulk.

It’s also nice when I have a huge horse not having to use all my strength just

to get in on top of the horse. And carrying huge saddles is a pain in the butt. My Dressage saddle weighs now more then 14 pounds.

I find my horse is a lot more willing to move now because he isn’t burdened with all that extra bulk. Before it was hard to get him to do a flying lead change because he couldn’t feel my leg ques as well. Now I have no problems with that.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1223111546610630/k2311a1123/11.23.11