Mountain Horse Rimfrost Rider II Boots
  • After dealing with wet frozen toes I decided to invest in some boots I've seen advertised in a catalog
  • I also noticed a feature some might not pay much attention to
  • Which I love due to the fact my foot once got caught in the stirrup and was dragged by my spooked mare

• by Khrystian

I live in the mountains of California. Generally we get a lot of rain and snow which creates the most irritating environment when working with horses. And most Equestrian boots are only water proof to a point. On top of that there is no real insulation in the normal field or paddock boots. After dealing with wet frozen toes I decided to invest in some boots I’ve seen advertised in a catalog.

Mountain Horse’s Rimfrost Rider II is the ideal foot wear for anyone who lives is either wet or cold climates. My Rimfrost were perfect. They made riding in the snow bearable again. I no longer had to ride uncomfortably with wet

and cold feet. Which any rider knows can put a huge damper and even the most beautiful ride.

Rimfrost is a tall boot that comes up just below the knee. Mountain Horse clearly understands that with snow and rain comes mud. So they created a thick sole boot perfect for walking around in the mud. My favorite thing about this particular boot is it is water proof. The only way water gets in is if it leaks through the zipper. SO unless your standing in a river your feet will remain dry!

Rimfrost is also lined with soft insulating lining. Which was heaven compared to other boots I’ve ridden in. These boots gave ...

• me minimal chafing and rubbing against the back of the leg and other places like that. Though like any new boot I did have some nice blisters for a bit. I also noticed a feature some might not pay much attention to. Mountain Horse added groves to the bottom of the boot to prevent the stirrup from slipping out. Which I love due to the fact my foot once got caught in the stirrup and was dragged by my spooked mare.

The only real problems I’ve seen with this boot is. They are pretty heavy and when mounting a 16 hand Thoroughbred from the ground that can complicate things a bit. but generally

I got used to the added weight. Also the boots a rather bulky in the front so they fit snug in the stirrup, which concerns me in case of an emergency.

Mountain Horse’s Rimfrost boots are ideal for anyone riding in harsh conditions. Or even for some wet stable work. They are dependable and have lasted me a long time. I’ve had mine for about three years and the only noticeable wear is the sole is slightly coming lose. And of course the added dirt.

On the Mountain Horse website these boots run $110 for any women’s regular through wide sizes but are only $105 for child sizes. They also only come in black.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5523111546590630/k2311a1123/11.23.11