Benefit Cosmetics Boi-ing Concealer (medium)
2.5
  • This product comes in a little tiny pot, smaller than an eyeshadow pot, which I think is actually rather ingenious for a concealer
  • Unfortunately, because it offers a medium amount of coverage, I do find that I need to do touchups more frequently than my heavier concealers
  • It definitely clashes with my olive skin, so I can't use it
  • It's not that it's bad, it just isn't the best in terms of blending into my skin
  • It's very middle-of-the-road in terms of quality and not worth $19 in my opinion

• by Melanie Noell

This is a mediocre concealer, but I do think it’s a much better value than Benefit’s other concealer, the Erase Paste. With a limited amount of colors to choose from and a medium amount of coverage, this is an OK concealer to buy if you can find the right coverage and want a really natural looking finish.

This product comes in a little tiny pot, smaller than an eyeshadow pot, which I think is actually rather ingenious for a concealer. It’s very compact, and it fits almost anywhere, so the design is perfect for a product like concealer that you typically want to have with you for touchups! Unfortunately, because it offers a

medium amount of coverage, I do find that I need to do touchups more frequently than my heavier concealers.

With only light, medium and dark to choose from, you’ll be lucky to find a color that really matches your skin tone. Light is extremely light, and I couldn’t get away with wearing it even on my palest days. Medium jumps dramatically darker, and it might match my skin tone when I have a tan if it weren’t for the orangey hue. It definitely clashes with my olive skin, so I can’t use it. However, I’m sure it’s a good match for others.

The consistency of this product is infinitely better than Erase Paste, although ...

• it is a tiny bit difficult to blend in. At least in comparison to pencils and sticks that smooth on and blend effortlessly. It’s not that it’s bad, it just isn’t the best in terms of blending into my skin. I have pretty normal skin, too, neither dry nor oily, although your skin tone may make a difference in how it applies. It’s best applied with your finger in my opinion, but it could also work with a good concealer brush. My brush isn’t stiff enough, so I used my third finger, and it went on pretty well.

I’m not entirely sure how long it lasts because I definitely didn’t want to walk

around with orange under my eyes all day. Although it blended to a rather smooth finish and had a natural finish to it, the color was very noticeable on my skin. I washed it off before finding out how long it would last. It seems to provide a decent amount of coverage, but you can definitely get better coverage with a pencil.

Overall, for $19, I would pass on this product. It’s very middle-of-the-road in terms of quality and not worth $19 in my opinion. If you can find your color, it might be an OK option for a natural-looking concealer, but I bet you could find a cheaper alternative that does the same thing.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3123111546480630/k2311a1123/11.23.11