W5 Window and Glass Cleaner  » Housewares  »
2.0
  • I cannot remember where I found this product but I believe that it was at Dollar General and I am pretty sure that I only paid about two dollars for the product
  • I have noticed that this product looks a lot more watered down than Windex or other glass cleaners so I was hesitant to use it
  • I noticed that the product runs down the windows pretty fast and does not seem to get the fingerprints and grime up as quickly or easily as I would have liked
  • I would recommend this to those looking for a cheaper alternative to Windex Original

• by jonna_daniels

I cannot remember where I found this product but I believe that it was at Dollar General and I am pretty sure that I only paid about two dollars for the product. It is like a lot like Windex Original in look but it does not work as good as Windex seems too. The product comes in the general spray cleaner look a transparent bottle with a spray nozzle that turn on and off and the liquid inside is blue. I have noticed that this product looks a lot more watered down than Windex or other glass cleaners so I was hesitant to use it. However, I was in a bind and I had this under the cabinet and I did not want to run to the store.

I used the product on

both my windows and my glass end tables to try and get the grime and fingerprints off them. I sprayed the product on like I would Windex and them just started to wipe the product off. I noticed that the product runs down the windows pretty fast and does not seem to get the fingerprints and grime up as quickly or easily as I would have liked. I had to use a lot more of the product than I would have liked too before I could get the windows and the end-tables clean.

On the plus side, I did notice that this product did not leave near as many marks and streaks as Windex tends too. I really liked that since the product did not leave streaks or marks once I got the window ...

• clean I was done there was no rinsing or dry wiping required in removing steaks. This really did save me a lot of time plus it made my windows look fantastic.

I really think this product is okay if you want a cheaper alternative to Windex. It is a little more on the watery side and it takes a lot for the product to work but on the plus side it is great about leaving the glass streak free. It does smell a little better than Windex Original does as it has a sweeter smell not just that of watered down ammonia. However, it is still not an overly pleasant smell and prolonged exposure to it gives me a raging headache. I also noticed that this product is gentler on skin that Windex

is, so if you have sensitive skin this maybe a better alternative for you.

I give it a three to a five because it smells marginally better and does not leave as many streaks. However, I still would rather use Windex Original as it takes less and does a better job with fingerprints. I hate having to deal with streaks but I would rather deal with that as opposed to cleaner running down my walls.

I would recommend this to those looking for a cheaper alternative to Windex Original. It does not work quite as good but it is about half the price so it’s a trade-off. I personally cannot say that I would trade Windex for it, but it is a great alternative to Windex if you’re in a bind and are out of glass cleaner.

W5 Window and Glass Cleaner

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5322111546460330/k2311a1122/11.22.11