Blistex Medicated Lip Balm SPF 15  » Health  »
4.7
  • It doesn't work as quickly as their medicated ointment, but this product definitely keeps my lips in good shape as long as I use it regularly
  • My biggest problem with this product is the consistency
  • I'd recommend it to anyone who can get past the weird texture

• by Melanie Noell

Although it’s not my favorite, this is a good quality lip balm that can be used every day with the added benefit of UV protection for your lips. At about $1 each, it’s an inexpensive product that can help keep your lips from drying out year round.

Blistex Medicated Lip Balm is a bit more powerful than regular lip balm, so if you already have dry lips, it can help restore their moisture. It doesn’t work as quickly as their medicated ointment, but this product definitely keeps my lips in good shape as long as I use it regularly. There was a somewhat intense tingly

feeling when I first started using this lip balm, but over time, the tingle becomes less while the product continues to work. It’s definitely formulated for long-term use, so unlike the ointment, you can apply this lip balm several times per day without it losing its effectiveness. I also like that they include an SPF in the product - I often forget that sun damage can effect my lips, so this product allows me to protect them without even thinking about it.

The smell of this product is actually a bit stronger than the ointment which surprises me since it’s not as powerful. It’s definitely ...

• something you have to get used to. It takes a few minutes to wear off, but it’s tolerable. My biggest problem with this product is the consistency. Formulated like a typical lip balm in stick form, it has a very normal, waxy feel to it. However, what bothers me is the almost grainy feel I get on my lips when I apply it. I’m not sure if the product is prone to slight clumping or what, but even when I first buy it, it always goes on a bit grainy. Another problem I have is that if you put more than enough on, you
        can feel the product sitting on your lips for quite a while afterwards. It makes me want to wipe the lip balm off my lips, which also cancels out the healing properties.

You can’t really beat the price on this product, and it does do a good job at keeping my lips moisturized. I wish they would fix the formula so it didn’t feel so gross on my lips, but it’s not the only lip balm I’ve had this problem with. It’s a good product that does what its supposed to and even a bit more. I’d recommend it to anyone who can get past the weird texture.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3422111546300330/k2311a1122/11.22.11