Benefit Cosmetics Erase Paste (medium)  » Cosmetics  »
1.5
  • I really like Benefit, but I'm definitely not a fan of this particular product
  • They have very limited colors to choose from, and I don't like that it tries to combine brightening effects with a concealer at a much higher price than concealer alone
  • The next problem I have is the awful consistency
  • Moreover, the consistency makes it difficult to blend in and give a flawless finish, which is the whole point of concealer in my opinion
  • I wouldn't recommend it, but I assume the colors must be a good match for some people if it's still on the market

• by Melanie Noell

I really like Benefit, but I’m definitely not a fan of this particular product. The consistency makes it more than difficult to use, it just feels gross. They have very limited colors to choose from, and I don’t like that it tries to combine brightening effects with a concealer at a much higher price than concealer alone.

First off, the price is ridiculous for what you get. I’m definitely not afraid to splurge on good makeup, but this isn’t good. Their regular concealer (Boi-ing) is about the same size and $7 less. This one is supposed to be even

better (?) because it has a brightening effect, but why would I want attention drawn to my flaws?! Concealer/brightener combinations make no sense to me, and I definitely won’t pay extra for a brightener added to my concealer.

The next problem I have is the awful consistency. This stuff feels like tacky glue. When you touch your finger to it, it clings on and stretches almost like honey. Maybe that’s a bit extreme, but it has a very sticky, tacky consistency that makes it very unappealing to put on your face. Moreover, the consistency makes it difficult to blend ...

• in and give a flawless finish, which is the whole point of concealer in my opinion.

The color selection is atrocious offering three different colors with very pinkish/orangey undertones. Against my olive skin, the medium color looked like a bad fake tan. Maybe it’s just that my skin tone clashes with their colors; maybe it looks fantastic on other people. Stay away if you have olive skin, though!

I will admit that it seems to cover just about any flaw on your face, but that’s just because it’s such a thick concoction of goo. It initially looked a bit shiny

on my skin, but that went away for the most part. It covered stuff up, but it was not my skin tone nor was it pleasant to wear. I didn’t even try to put foundation over it because it would probably feel even worse to wear.

If you don’t mind feeling like you’re wearing goo on your flaws, this isn’t the worst product you can buy. I personally think it’s overpriced and unwearable, but it does cover flaws. I wouldn’t recommend it, but I assume the colors must be a good match for some people if it’s still on the market.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3122111546290330/k2311a1122/11.22.11