Urban Decay Urban Defense Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 in Bodyguard
2.0
  • I definitely think there are better, similar products on the market, most of them at a better price
  • My first problem with this whole line is that they only have four different colors to choose from
  • I know that sometimes companies will offer less shades for their concealers, but many women choose tinted moisturizers as an alternative to foundation
  • I personally wouldn't recommend Bodyguard to anyone, but if you somehow try one of the colors and they match perfectly, it's not a TERRIBLE buy
  • The price is way too high in my opinion, but the moisturizer and sun protection seem to be pretty good

• by Melanie Noell

Even though I’m a huge Urban Decay fan, I’m not a big fan of this tinted moisturizer. There are a lot of problems with this specific color as well as the overall line. I definitely think there are better, similar products on the market, most of them at a better price.

My first problem with this whole line is that they only have four different colors to choose from. I know that sometimes companies will offer less shades for their concealers, but many women choose tinted moisturizers as an

alternative to foundation. How can they possibly justify breaking every skin color down into four different colors? This eliminates a huge amount of people that can use the product.

My second problem is with the color itself. I picked up Bodyguard thinking it was the closest shade to my skin (although it was a bit darker at the time), but as I wore it, it seemed to look more orangey. I’m not sure how, but the color seemed to almost darken as I wore it to a shade even

more different than my own. When I first put it on, it wasn’t bad, but it definitely seemed worse by the end of the day. Maybe I didn’t shake it up or something, but the pigment seemed to settle and become a bit darker as the day went on. Also, this is not a color that’s very good for olive skin tones.

I really like the idea of this product, so it’s really disappointing that it doesn’t work for me. I personally love tinted moisturizers because it eliminates the ...

• Urban Decay Urban Defense Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 in Bodyguard
      need for moisturizer plus foundation by combining the two into one awesome product. I really like that they add an SPF 20 to it, too, since most tinted moisturizers have a lower SPF. I feel like my skin is protected from sun damage without needing to apply additional sunscreen. And the moisturizer itself does seem to work. My skin feels soft and hydrated when I use this product; the problem is simply the color.

I’m also really shocked at the price. My MAC foundation (with sunscreen) is $22 and

gives me way more coverage than this tinted moisturizer. I would think the price would be comparable or cheaper, and yet they charge $30! I can definitely find a better tinted moisturizer for cheaper.

I personally wouldn’t recommend Bodyguard to anyone, but if you somehow try one of the colors and they match perfectly, it’s not a TERRIBLE buy. The price is way too high in my opinion, but the moisturizer and sun protection seem to be pretty good. Definitely research your options before choosing this, even if the color does match!

Urban Decay Urban Defense Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 in Bodyguard

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3121111546000130/k2311a1121/11.21.11