Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Oil Slick (black w/ rainbow glitter)
  • When I first picked it up, I thought it was simply a basic black, but upon closer inspection, the shimmer is actually multi-colored glitter which gives your eyes a dazzling, unique look even when you're wearing basic black
  • I really love it, but it's definitely not something I like wearing too often
  • Another slight problem with they eyeshadow is that it doesn't apply quite as smoothly as my other Urban Decay eyeshadows, even those with a lot of glitter
  • You will definitely want to use a good eyeshadow brush (not a sponge applicator
  • I'd only recommend this for makeup lovers who like having unique items in their makeup bag and aren't afraid of super dark and dramatic eyes

• by Melanie Noell

This unusual twist on basic black eyeshadow is a great way to make a dramatic statement with your makeup. When I first picked it up, I thought it was simply a basic black, but upon closer inspection, the shimmer is actually multi-colored glitter which gives your eyes a dazzling, unique look even when you’re wearing basic black.

I really like using Oil Slick because it’s such a unique color. Even though it’s a black eyeshadow, the rainbow glitter causes it to have a multitude of colors reflected off your eyes as the light hits them. It’s almost like wearing a disco ball on your eyes. When I’m in dimmer or more natural lighting,

this eyeshadow almost passes as a regular, shimmery black; however, when I go out dancing to a nightclub and lights hit my eyes, the glitter shimmers, creating a really dramatic look. I really love it, but it’s definitely not something I like wearing too often.

Even though this is a really fun, cool eyeshadow, it comes with a couple of problems. My first complaint is a common complaint I have with black eyeshadows and that is that it takes forever to set. If I use it sparingly (not covering my whole eye area), it tends to smudge up onto the upper lid which can be really bad. You absolutely need to wear an ...

• eyeshadow primer with this eyeshadow to keep it in place! Doing so will not only prevent smudges, it will also extend how long it stays looking dramatic: without primer, the color fades to a gray, which is definitely not as fun as black and rainbow glitter!

Another slight problem with they eyeshadow is that it doesn’t apply quite as smoothly as my other Urban Decay eyeshadows, even those with a lot of glitter. Maybe it’s the type of glitter they use to get the rainbow colors, but it’s rather difficult to apply it evenly and smoothly. You will definitely want to use a good eyeshadow brush (not a sponge applicator!) to get this

eyeshadow to blend well.

The price is the same as any Urban Decay eyeshadow pot ($17), and although it’s pricey, I’ve never found any other eyeshadow quite like it. I’ve seen shimmery blacks, but never black with rainbow glitter. It’s unique, and it’s not something I wear all the time so I haven’t actually had to replace it yet! The $17 might be worth it if you’re looking for something unique that you want to use sparingly.

Overall, it’s a good eyeshadow, but what makes it worth buying is that it’s unique. I’d only recommend this for makeup lovers who like having unique items in their makeup bag and aren’t afraid of super dark and dramatic eyes.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3121111545990130/k2311a1121/11.21.11