Subaru Forester X20 SUV
  • It's handling is sportier and I found myself enjoying corners
  • Our friend was also impressed with it and he brought the turbo model

• by Keston Johnson

I was always curious of Subarus. This is a car that for a long while was below my radar. It didn’t seem as flashy as some other cars, but along with Toyotas and Nissans, I saw a lot of old ones cruising on the highways.So I figured they would be pretty durable. Our family needed a new vehicle that was capable in bad roads, reliable, and comfortable for small families. Then we saw the 2004 Subaru Forester. It looked like it had what we needed in a vehicle.

Then we test drove it. The ride height really surprised me. This car looks like an over sized wagon and it’s called an SUV , but it’s really a mix of the two! Entering the car

is much easier than a traditional car and a typical SUV. It’s handling is sportier and I found myself enjoying corners. What was also impressive was the feeling of control and security with the car. It’s pretty rare for me. The interior was very attractive with a MOMO steering wheel , black fabric and silver accents. the controls all had a smooth quality to them when a switch is turned or a button pushed. It was pretty quiet too, with the only noticable noise a throaty sound from the engine.

Acceleration was good , not outstanding. We brought the 2.0 automatic normal aspirated engine (non turbo) because for us gas consumption was more important than power.Our friend was also impressed with it and he brought the ...

• turbo model. It really goes pretty fast! But the gas? In these times? He reluctantly sold it because of that and we are still posting great gas savings in our own.

This car is the most reliable car we have had. We had reliable vehicles, but not like this. Once maintained, we give it a tune up every 5000 Km and for the past 5 years (used car) had no major problems or shutdowns. We live in a hilly area with potholes and such and this car is the perfect medicine for these conditions. It has no tire skid when going up hills and always feel perfectly stable. It has a huge cargo area and we carried everything from tiles, to bags of cement , to

propane gas tanks in it’s bay.It’s very capable

Alas, nothing is perfect so there are some downsides.The back seat is acceptable for most people and at 6′1 I can set comfortably in the back. Just don’t expect loads of space for the back seat passengers. Three adults will be pretty grumpy in the back( to say the least). The paint job could be better too. The metallic plastic accents could scratch so be careful.The Forester is not as striking as the other cars, which could be a plus or a minus for some folks. Other than those points , I am extremely satisfied with the car. It’s no wonder people chose to keep their old Subarus. They last, they perform and they are just good cars.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 921111545940130/k2311a1121/11.21.11