Urban Decay 24/7 Concealer Pencil in FBI and DEA
  • The reason I really love this concealer is because it gives such great coverage while still looking natural
  • When I have a really bad problem spot, this product is really good for building layers to get even better coverage
  • For people with light to medium skin, especially those on the go, I would recommend Urban Decay's 24/7 pencil

• by Melanie Noell

This is one of my favorite concealer products on the market, and it’s well worth the $18, even though the amount of product is a bit less than other more expensive concealers. They offer more colors than most other brands, and the coverage is great. I also have a preference for pencils as opposed to liquids, so I automatically like this better than many other competitor products.

I have used the colors FBI and DEA, with DEA being one shade lighter than the darkest color. I use DEA when I’m tan in the summer; my skin is a medium olive during the summer, so

this product is definitely not good for people with darker skin. I’m a bit biased because Urban Decay’s foundation and concealer colors match olive skin tones. Oddly enough, the FBI shade seems to provide better coverage than DEA, perhaps because it’s a bit lighter than my actual skin tone. Even though this product isn’t a highlighter, the lighter shade does seem to have a brightening effect on my skin.

The reason I really love this concealer is because it gives such great coverage while still looking natural. Even though it’s a pencil, it smoothes onto your skin with ease. It’s a much silkier consistency ...

• than any other stick concealer I’ve ever used, and it gives a matte yet natural finished look. When I have a really bad problem spot, this product is really good for building layers to get even better coverage. And it still looks natural.

As always, the packaging is great, as with all other Urban Decay products. And the fact that it’s a pencil makes it easy to store in a pencil/brush bag and carry with you for touchups. My only concern with this product is that the pencil is a bit too wide to use with my traditional pencil sharpener. Although not advisable, it

IS possible to sharpen it with an X-Acto knife (we did this in art school for our charcoal pencils) if you’re in a pinch, but they do sell sharpeners specifically made for wide pencils like this one. It just annoys me that when I spend $18 on a concealer I have to go buy an additional product to use with it.

I really like this product. For people with light to medium skin, especially those on the go, I would recommend Urban Decay’s 24/7 pencil. It’s easy to use, provides great coverage, and travels well. Just remember to carry the proper sharpener with you!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3121111545900130/k2311a1121/11.21.11