Benefit Benetint Lip Balm  » Cosmetics  »
  • If she wanted pink cheeks, she probably would pinch them to get a ruddy glow
  • Despite its hefty price tag, the balm has several advantages that make it worth its weight in gold

• by jollyroger

Back in the days of Good Queen Bess (you remember her?), aka Queen Elizabeth I of England, a girl had to rely upon old remedies in order to look good.If she wanted pink cheeks, she probably would pinch them to get a ruddy glow. For lips, she would bite them and moisten them with her tongue. Other options were few and far between.

Nowadays, things are looking up. It is in that regard that Benefit’s Benetint Lip Balm has a special place in my heart. When

I was fourteen, my aunt, a stylist, took me to the makeup counter at our local department store. Her treat, I came away with far more pounds’ worth of makeup than any teenager should. In fact, I’ll probably never spend that much on makeup myself! But I came away with a product that lasted me until I went to university: Benetint Lip Balm.

The product comes in a small glass pot with the cheeky vintage packaging that distinguishes Benefit. At £14 per 6.5 grams ...

• –like most Benefit products– it is not cheap. Despite its hefty price tag, the balm has several advantages that make it worth its weight in gold. A 2-for-1 makeup solution, this tinted lip stain doubles as a creamy blusher. Used together, you’ll have beestung lips and just-come-in-from-the-cold cheeks without any of the discomfort associated with the two! The noticeable rosy tint lasts all day, and the more you put on, the deeper the red tones. Each application, whether for lips or cheeks, requires only a
        small amount — a fingertip of the stuff will suffice for a natural but head-turning hue. As a result, one pot will last for months or even years depending on how often you use it. Even better, the balm is SPF 15, offering sun protection for lips and cheeks. Unlike other lip glosses, Benetint soothes and conditions lips as it tints them, perfect for dry winter days. Perhaps a childhood memory has left me biased, but with Benetint Lip Balm, you’ll be looking through rose-coloured glasses too.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3118111545820230/k2311a1118/11.18.11