Caramel and Tobacco Beer Soap by The Beer Soap Company  » Cosmetics  »
  • Unfortunately, there were a limited amount of choices to choose from in the shop
  • The one that I bought is caramel and tobacco soap, and it is made with bock beer
  • I like the fact that this soap lathers up well, so I felt like I was getting enough soap on my hands each time I washed them
  • I think that is a nice change from the usual rectangular-shaped soaps that we normally see every day

• by Lisa Pellegrini

I came across this soap in a gift shop in Chesapeake City, Maryland. It is a very unique soap, because it is made with beer! Unfortunately, there were a limited amount of choices to choose from in the shop. But if you go on The Beer Soap Company website, you will find about 100 choices. I never knew that someone out there dreamed up the concept of incorporating different varieties of beer into soap. Who would have thought? Then they combined other ingredients with the beer to create a mind-boggling group of soaps to pick from.

The one that I bought is caramel and tobacco soap, and it is made with bock beer. It also includes
      sweet ingredients like rose and honey, for any women who may be turned off by the idea of using soap with tobacco in it! I kept this soap on my bathroom sink, so I used it to wash my hands every day. I did not use it in the shower, but it is a generous size bar (4.5 ounces). So it is defintely large enough to use in the shower. It is not a tiny bar that you will use up after just a couple of showers. I like the fact that this soap lathers up well, so I felt like I was getting enough soap on my hands each time I washed them. It ...

• does have a light scent of tobacco, but it’s only when I put the soap up to my nose. I am glad it was not an overpowering scent, otherwise my whole bathroom would have smelled like tobacco! I like the packaging and presentation of this soap. It is a thick, round soap. I think that is a nice change from the usual rectangular-shaped soaps that we normally see every day. So I really like the heartiness of it. Mine is down to a little sliver now, but it lasted me about a month or so (maybe even a little longer), after using it to wash my hands numerous times over the course of each day.

This soap costs $6.75 for the 4.5 ounce bar. It has a lot of moisturizing ingredients in it like shea butter, olive oil, and cocoa butter. So I think it is a good soap for people who have dry skin. I think this soap would make a great gift for men, especially beer drinkers and smokers. Non-smokers may find the tobacco scent slightly irritating, but there are so many other choices on the website. For all the beer lovers out there, I’m sure you will be in heaven when you go on the site! If I ever purchase this soap again, I will not get the tobacco choice. I will choose one that has a more pleasant scent.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3118111545800230/k2311a1118/11.18.11