WD TV Live Plus HD Media Player  » Electronics  »
  • All said, the positives outweigh the negatives in my opinion

• by Keston Johnson

The Western Digital media player worked really well for me. It allowed me to play movies and TV shows to my HD television without the use of the laptop and an annoyingly long HDMI cord. I didn’t know it would come in so handy for playing media to my TV! It is such a handy little device. It can be placed beneath your TV. It’s only about 6 inches long.

Once I plug it

in I can watch TV shows, photos , movies and other videos from my portable hard drive, the LAN network or straight from the internet. This makes things a lot easier for me as it works like a hub for most media. It plays a range of formats so it’s pretty much compatible for everything out there.

Connection is simple. Plug it into the HDMI port on the TV and plug it in a power source.

• There are 2 USB ports (which i use a lot) , an HDMI port and a LAN connection for easy access. I love this device. it expands in a market that in my opinion is now being fully realised.

There are issues though. If you are used to skipping chapters in your DVD or Blu-Ray, prepare to be annoyed. With this interface, you fast forward! Yes . If there is a scene in a

movie that is near the end and you want to see it again….fast forward! Fast forwarding goes up to 16x but that’s not nearly as effective as just jumping to the chapter. It also feels a bit cheap in some parts, but that is not important for a device that you wouldn’t be handling much. All said, the positives outweigh the negatives in my opinion. Hopefully, they release another update to the software to fix it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1618111545790230/k2311a1118/11.18.11