NYC Kohl Brow/Eyeliner Pencil in Dark Brown (922)  » Cosmetics  »
  • The thicker consistency that makes it more difficult to use as an eyeliner pencil is exactly why I like it as an eyebrow pencil
  • I would definitely recommend this pencil as a brow pencil
  • It's especially great for people trying to avoid a red undertone in their eyebrows
  • It's not the best eyeliner pencil, but for $2, it can work in a pinch

• by Melanie Noell

Although I don’t really like using this pencil as an eyeliner, it is a fantastic brow pencil. The thicker consistency that makes it more difficult to use as an eyeliner pencil is exactly why I like it as an eyebrow pencil.

This is a very inexpensive product, and it’s a typical pencil that uses a pencil sharpener to keep it sharp. I like that it’s more like a typical pencil than some of the fancy new brow and liner pencils that are more rounded and difficult to shape into

a fine point to get more precise lines. Because I can shape the pencil with sharpener, I can make it as sharp or rounded as I want, depending on how I want the liner to appear.

I also like that it’s a full size pencil. It’s not only better value for the money (and it’s not a lot of money to start with - maybe $2), it’s also easy to grip onto for longer. I often end up wasting the smaller more expensive pencils because they are so short ...

• to start with. I have to get rid of them when they’re too small to grip onto, and the long NYC pencils gives me more value before I throw them out.

The consistency is a bit thick, and it doesn’t really go on very smoothly, which is great for a brow pencil. I have a really difficult time applying it as an eyeliner because of the softness of the skin around my eyes. However, I usually make short choppy lines when doing my brows, and the NYC pencil’s heaviness

is perfect for this type of line. The color also works really well for me. It’s a bit ashy brown, so I don’t end up having red undertones in my eyebrows. My eyebrows are relatively dark, and this is just a bit lighter than that, so this pencil fills them in very naturally.

I would definitely recommend this pencil as a brow pencil. It’s especially great for people trying to avoid a red undertone in their eyebrows. It’s not the best eyeliner pencil, but for $2, it can work in a pinch.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3117111545680330/k2311a1117/11.17.11