Flexeril medicine  » Medicine  »
  • I noticed that I was having them primarily on the left side of my body

• by Shawndellah

Muscle spasms should not have to be a way of life. I noticed that I was having them primarily on the left side of my body. The spasms would show up first in my arm and then sometimes in my leg. I, personally, think that it was probably a reaction to one of the many medications that I am taking.

I talked to my doctor about the spasms. We discussed the different treatment options available. After much consideration, the doctor prescribed Flexeril for me. It is a muscle relaxant and was supposed to help

get rid of the muscle spasms that I was having to deal with on a daily basis.

Well, as you can probably imagine, the Flexeril did more than just relax the muscles that were sgiving me problems. After all, it is a muscle relaxant.

I don’t know why I did not think about it. Even though we talked about me taking the medicine in great length, I was still surprised by what happened when I took the Flexeril.

The first thing that happened to me was I was very relaxed. I mean completely relaxed. I felt ...

• like my entire body was under the influence of alcohol or some mind-altering drug. While this did keep the muscle spasms from happening, there was no way that I would be able to drive a car, write an article for work or even brew a pot of coffee. Being so relaxed from the medicine was not a good thing. I was too relaxed all over.

I called my doctor’s office the following day to let them know what was happening with the medicine. They decreased the dosage of the Flexeril and said to just take

it at bedtime. Originally, they had me taking it three times a day!

Taking the medicine just at bedtime has made it possible for me to sleep at night without noticing whether or not I’m having muscle spasms. During the day, I take half a pill if the spasms are getting so bad that they’re interfering with my quality of life. Just half a pill seems to do the trick. We’re still trying to figure out the cause of the spasms. But at least now, I can get some relief from it by taking the Flexeril medicine.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2617111545550230/k2311a1117/11.17.11