Mint Restaurant (150 E 50th St., New York)  » Restaurants  »
150 E 50th St., New York, NY 10022
  • The only 2 things I noticed there, was a really nice hotel and this restaurant
  • That is definitely a plus for those that can't handle spicy foods
  • My friend and I ordered 2 drinks, and we were stunned when we saw on the check that our glass of red wine cost us 10 bucks each

• by Mindmatters

I was walking in the city one day, on sort of an empty block. The only 2 things I noticed there, was a really nice hotel and this restaurant.

What caught my eye was that they were having happy hour. It wasn’t the cheapest happy hour in the world, but it was happy hour.

As I walked through this place, I was amazed at the decor. Everything about it said that this was a hot place to be. It was like a restaurant lounge type of place.

I wasn’t expecting

it to be so dark in the place, it took my eyes some time adjusting to it. I normally like places that are well lit, so I can see what I am eating. When I got my food, it was a little difficult to see exactly what was in my dish. I had to look at it really closely to see if it was a potato or a cauliflower.

I ordered the vegetable biryani. All I have to say is, if you eat here, get this dish. You ...

• can even share this dish, because it is a lot for one person to eat. Especially if you are a female. The flavor was outstanding, and it wasn’t that spicy. That is definitely a plus for those that can’t handle spicy foods. This dish was made to perfection.

I have been to other Indian restaurants that serve popbard and chutney for free. It is like bread and butter at an Italian restaurant. If you want the popbard and chutney, you will have to pay for it.

My friend and

I ordered 2 drinks, and we were stunned when we saw on the check that our glass of red wine cost us 10 bucks each. We thought we were ordering the 7 dollar glass of wine from the happy hour menu. We should have known that happy hour was only for the bar. We are New Yorkers, and we should have known better.

The atmosphere, waiters and the food is great. It is Indian food, so be willing to pay. The food is great, so it is definitely worth it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 716111545280330/k2311a1116/11.16.11