Seiko Courtura watches  » Watches  »
  • I was definitely impressed with the packaging alone
  • Upon wearing the watch , I found that while it fit, there was too uneven in length on one side of the bracelet for my taste
  • Though I believe the dark colour of the watch hides it well

• by Keston Johnson

I have been a fan of Seiko watches due mostly to their brand image, as I have not owned any before now. That all changed when my girlfriend , being very intuitive (after I ’subtly’ showed her on display) brought me the Seiko Courtura for my birthday. I used this watch for three years since then and it still has not displayed any disappointing signs. The Courtura displays one of the highest build quality I have ever seen in a watch.

The Courtura is the luxury brand of Seiko. It shows in the packaging. I was presented with a blue box with the name branding in the front. Opening the

box, the watch is wrapped around a white leather pillow that gives a strong sense of it’s premium ambitions. I was definitely impressed with the packaging alone! Upon wearing the watch , I found that while it fit, there was too uneven in length on one side of the bracelet for my taste. This was easily remedied by going to a watch service store, who removed the excess pins and segments. I was told by them that it was a ‘gorgeous’ watch!

The watch is black with gold plated details. The face itself is black with gold numbers. The bracelet and bezel is more of a gun metal type metal ...

• that looks black, gray, or dark brown in varying light. The bezel has four gold screws inlaid for decorative purposes and two gold accents in the 3 and 9 o’clock positions. The crown has an onyx inlay that helps bolster the image of fine jewelry.

After my initial fear of damaging my proud new possession passed over time, I , admittedly have been more lax in it’s care. It didn’t seem to mind. I went swimming, hiking, played sports, even bathed with it. It fell, was bumped, knocked and scratched in every surface I encountered. It still retained it’s looks. The sapphire crystal glass on the front really did it’s

job. On closer inspection around the glass there were some thin scratches. Though I believe the dark colour of the watch hides it well.

The workmanship of this watch has been rock solid. It is a rather straightforward watch, it uses a simple battery instead of the fancier Kinetic or Solar powered type and it’s not of the Titanium build. I might go with one of the other types later but this watch seems like it will go on forever and it still impresses! There is simply no need to move on. I will certainly get another Seiko again.This time I wouldn’t resort to hints and purchase the watch on my own!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 6416111545150330/k2311a1116/11.16.11