Coronado Springs Resort in Disney World  » Hotels  »
1000 West Buena Vista Drive Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830
  • This expansive resort is a nice combination of affordable luxury, and I would definitely stay here again
  • I was particularly impressed by the beautiful Christmas decorations including beautiful Christmas trees dotted throughout
  • Our room was a bit difficult to find since the resort is so incredibly large, and it was a bit confusing which parking lot was nearest our room, but once we found the right parking area, we had little problem finding it again
  • I was a bit disappointed with the TV channels, but I wasn't planning on spending much time in the room anyway
  • This is definitely the best hotel for the price in Disney

• by Melanie Noell

I stayed at Coronado Springs as part of a romantic vacation with my boyfriend around Christmas time and I had a really great time. This expansive resort is a nice combination of affordable luxury, and I would definitely stay here again.

When we arrived at Coronado Springs, we had to find parking to go to the check-in desk, which was honestly more than a bit confusing. The parking areas are vast, and the signs are a bit unclear about where everything is. However, once we found the correct parking lot, we found plenty of parking near the entrance.

The main lobby and entire main building are extremely impressive. I was particularly impressed by the beautiful Christmas decorations including beautiful Christmas trees dotted throughout. We were helped by a front desk associate almost immediately, which really impresses me considering the number of people that the hotel can accommodate. Even though we got there a bit early, they were very helpful in

finding us a room that had been cleaned to check into, and we each got personalized keys, as well as a map and information packet listing park times and special events.

Our room was a bit difficult to find since the resort is so incredibly large, and it was a bit confusing which parking lot was nearest our room, but once we found the right parking area, we had little problem finding it again. We had two queen (maybe king?) beds in our room even though it was just the two of us, and the beds were very comfortable. I was a bit disappointed with the TV channels, but I wasn’t planning on spending much time in the room anyway!

I really like the Southwestern decor in the room as well as the overall property. Although it’s not modern, it still feels relatively fresh and relevant. The rooms are very welcoming and clean. I was also really pleased with the ...

• cleaning staff - they were so incredibly friendly! We asked that our room not be cleaned except one day, which we wrote on a little note. She left us a note back thanking us for letting her know and wishing us a fun trip. Whenever we ran into her in the mornings she was very sweet, asked how we were doing and chatted with us a bit. It really made the experience even better to have such friendly people around!

Although the property is large, the bus stops are plentiful, so you never have to walk too far to get to a bus. We had a few problems with the Epcot bus which never seemed to come on time (or very frequently at all), but that wasn’t the resort’s fault. The main building was a bit of a walk, but you can always take the buses since the main building is their last stop before going to the park.

They also have a great restaurant called the Mayan Grill in the main building which I’ve been going to for years. It’s one of my favorite restaurants in the park, and I like having it nearby.

Other than parking, my only main complaint is its location. It’s a bit out of the way, and it takes a little while to get to some of the parks. However, it is relatively close to Downtown Disney which is nice. It’s not all bad, I just prefer being closer to the Magic Kingdom! Or the monorails!

Overall, I had a really good experience at Coronado Springs. We found it on discount through a travel website, so it was even cheaper, making it a real bargain to be staying within the park. I’d recommend this hotel especially to families since they can save money to spend on more fun activities inside the park. This is definitely the best hotel for the price in Disney!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 216111545060330/k2311a1116/11.16.11