Sin City
  • Either way, I think it might be one of Willis' best films and can see why it got so much attention when it was at the theater

• by Steve
      I’m not sure why exactly I liked Sin City, I just know I did. Starring Bruce Willis and Jessica Alba, Sin City places you in the middle of a comic

book in a fictional city full of mobsters, gun toting prostitutes and three heros who face all odds for the women they love. Quite honestly, it had everything I don’t enjoy about movies, bad dialog, a little too much blood and gore; but, I still found myself watching it from start to finish and didn’t want to turn it off.

• Sin City
      Maybe it was the color; black and white except for things or people they wanted to accent. Or maybe it was just the hundreds of women in the movie who
      walked around in lingerie. Either way, I think it might be one of Willis’ best films and can see why it got so much attention when it was at the theater.

Sin City
David says :

I can say with confidence that Sin City does not leave people indifferent. Some see it as an exceptionally bloody mess, others find revelation in it. The main thing is that both of them remember the film and sink into the soul.

Of course, one cannot ignore the equally high-quality comic, which is the primary source, but do not forget that each film adaptation should be evaluated as a separate work.

This motion picture is distinguished by its extraordinary style. She shows us a black and white world, painted exclusively with blood. In Sin City, everything is decided with fists and people here do not negotiate, which perfectly explains the cruelty of what is happening on the screen. But is it pointless, as often happens in action films? I think no. There are many characters involved in this story, and each of them has its own motivation, which is perfectly explained throughout the film. Each of them has its own character and characteristics that are not forgotten or ignored.

The cast is incredible, of course. Here we have Mickey Rourke, and Bruce Willis, in whose career this film became my favorite, and Jessica Alba, and Clife Owen, and many others. Indeed, many. The wonderful model Devon Aoki was a real revelation for me. Let her role be called a cameo, and she’s not the most talented actress, but her character attracted the eye every time he appeared. It was simply impossible to take your eyes off her. This film is filled with star names, and they all play the maximum, even the smallest and most insignificant roles.

The technical part is amazing visually because you can’t find it anywhere else. The film is made in the noir style. The chase scenes are performed opposite the chromakey, which is striking, but does not make the film worse, it only adds charm and peculiarity to it.`Sin City black and white with red blotches. It looks like a comic strip off the page. It’s just amazing. It is also worth highlighting the scenes of violence, which are sometimes seriously frightening.

In the end, we got the best movie comic that everyone should watch. Of course,`Sin City’ is not for family viewing, but with friends or a soul mate (depending on which movie he / she likes) will go with a bang. I recommend for viewing.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112804154500730/k2311a0428/4.28.07