Dollar General Ruby Red Grapefruit Dishwashing Liquid
  • I happen to love ruby red grapefruits and the pink color of the liquid so I decided to give the product a shot at my dish routine to see how it held up
  • Considering that this is a very cheap brand I am for the most part relatively impressed
  • I prefer dish detergents that are much thicker, more like a gel, and can stick to the food better
  • This product has no problem washing out coffee cups, plates, bowls and things of that nature and it does the job with ease
  • It is, overall, a pretty decent product in my opinion

• by jonna_daniels

Even though I have a dishwasher I do my dishes by hand before sticking them in the dishwasher to dry or be run through a cycle. With this being my routine I use a fair amount of dish liquid and have tried many different brands. One of the brands that I have tried in more recent times is Dollar General Dish Detergent in Ruby Red Grapefruit. I happen to love ruby red grapefruits and the pink color of the liquid so I decided to give the product a shot at my dish routine to see how it held up. Considering that this is a very cheap brand I am for the most part relatively impressed.

On the negative side I did not like how liquid

like this detergent was. I prefer dish detergents that are much thicker, more like a gel, and can stick to the food better. This detergent is not particularly thick and will run out pretty quickly if you tipped it over. It has the consistency of water more than a gel and that means that I had to use more of it to get my pots and pan clean. It does clean relatively well considering it is a cheap brand and will get your dishes clean if they are not that food encrusted or you are willing to let the product sit. This product has no problem washing out coffee cups, plates, bowls and things of that nature and it does the job with ease. I have ...

• noticed that this product does much better with hot water than warm water. I would definitely recommend using the hottest water that you are comfortable sticking your hands in when using this product.

I also like the smell of this product a lot. It is very fruity and seems to linger around for a little while after you are finished doing the dishes. I do wish that more of the expensive brands had scents that were as fresh and that lasted as long as this one does. Also I have discovered that this product is a great stain fighter and laundry booster. I had a pen explode in one of my nice satin white shirts and was out of my normal stain fighter. After getting

out the excess ink I applied a little of this product (having nothing else to use) and allowed to sit for about 20 minutes. I then washed it in the gentle cycle with my normal laundry detergent and was very pleased to find that this product had removed all of the ink and there was no trace that I had ever had a problem.

I would suggest this to anyone on a budget who needs a decent dish detergent for a cheap price. It requires overnight soaking on really heavy messes but for the most part with a little scrubbing will power through food and grease with no problem. The smell is great as is the product’s laundry boosting abilities. It is, overall, a pretty decent product in my opinion.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5315111544601130/k2311a1115/11.15.11