NARS’ Gilda Blush  » Cosmetics  »
  • One thing I love most about NARS are their blushes, ever since I purchased my first one last year I've been hooked
  • My new favorite blush that I purchased from them is called Gilda, and it cost me about $25.00 at Bloomingdales
  • A lot of people I know compare this blush to NARS' Orgasm Blush, and that was my previous favorite too, but Orgasm just has too much glitter for me, and I had to let it go for awhile, especially when I'm going to a conservative event, and I don't want to look silly or immature with shimmer and glitter on my face
  • Also in my opinion I find that NARS' Gilda lasts longer on the face
  • I really recommend it, it's vibrant and gorgeous

• by Kim

One thing I love most about NARS are their blushes, ever since I purchased my first one last year I’ve been hooked! Although the prices of their products are a little high, they last real long, and the quality is just superb, so I try not to complain much.

My new favorite blush that I purchased from them is called Gilda, and it cost me about $25.00 at Bloomingdales. It’s a beautiful orangey pink color, almost like coral! It has a beautiful glow to it too, I don’t know how they do it, but whenever I put this on my cheeks it gives me that beautiful sun kissed look, even in the cold seasons! I have an olive skin tone color, and since it’s Fall season and Winter is slowly approaching,

I’m trying to maintain my warm soft look! A lot of people I know compare this blush to NARS’ Orgasm Blush, and that was my previous favorite too, but Orgasm just has too much glitter for me, and I had to let it go for awhile, especially when I’m going to a conservative event, and I don’t want to look silly or immature with shimmer and glitter on my face! Also in my opinion I find that NARS’ Gilda lasts longer on the face!

When it comes to blushes, you really have to have the right brush to apply it on the cheeks, so that you get the look you’re looking for. Now my cheekbones aren’t as prominent as I would like them to be, so I really have to highlight ...

• and contour areas, and dabbing on blush with my finger just isn’t going to cut it! So I would recommend using a large stippling brush, and dabbing it lightly into the blush, and applying it on the face lightly. Trust me, there’s a proper technique for everything, and you need to have the proper materials to achieve the look! Especially if you want that gorgeous sun kissed, healthy glowing look! And it’s very pigmented, so a little goes a long way with it! So more of the pros of this blush! The long wear of this blush is just amazing, it doesn’t fade throughout the day, and if anything just one reapplication mid day will be enough if needed! The texture is very light, no worries about it being greasy or
        having that heavy feel! And my most favorite of all, this is a color blush that can easily be worn everyday and any day, for any occasion! It’s a natural/nude color, but at the same time, it pops to give you that glowing look. It compliments olive and tanned skin tones excellently (my opinion) so I would suggest it to those of you in that range!

I really love NARS’ Gilda Blush, it’s definitely an upgrade from NARS’ Orgasm Blush, which was a bit too shimmery for my taste. Although the price of this blush may be a little too high for some, I honestly think it’s worth it because it lasts long, is excellent quality, and gives an amazing soft, warm, sun kissed, healthy glowing look! I really recommend it, it’s vibrant and gorgeous!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3113111544280730/k2311a1113/11.13.11