Chanel No 19 by Chanel (Paris) for women  » Perfume  »
  • When it comes to perfumes I like to think I'm quite a connoisseur - I'm far from an expert don't get me wrong, but because I work in a perfume store I feel I have some knowledge of fragrances and as I have a passion for them as collecting perfumes is my hobby it is also a perfect subject for me to choose to write about
  • Well obviously as this is one of my favourite perfumes ever this review will be biased towards it being utterly wonderful
  • I am particularly a fan of anything rose based so this is just a perfect scent for me I think
  • I love how it's an equal combination of floral and woody/ green notes and the musk, leather, sandalwood and bergamot certainly do not disappoint though sadly the vetiver is always slightly unnoticeable for me (but maybe that's just me who can't decipher it)
  • Though the bottle this is presented in is very robust and sturdy, I still wouldn't carry this around with me in my bag for fear of breaking it and to be honest I have never needed to reapply this so it's never been an issue

• by Tick Tock

When it comes to perfumes I like to think I’m quite a connoisseur - I’m far from an expert don’t get me wrong, but because I work in a perfume store I feel I have some knowledge of fragrances and as I have a passion for them as collecting perfumes is my hobby it is also a perfect subject for me to choose to write about.

One of my most treasured perfumes has to be the classic Chanel No 19 as it just oozes sophistication and here are my honest thoughts and opinion on wearing this classic.

I first came across Chanel No 19 years ago by accident as I went to buy Chanel No 9 as a gift for my beloved Aunt but was gift wrapped the No 19 by mistake. On my arrival home I was slightly disheartened to see I had been given the incorrect perfume but having sampled it I instantly fell in love there and then and have had a bottle of this for myself in the house ever since. (Just

for the record my Aunt was actually very pleased with No 19 despite No 9 being her favourite).

The bottle I currently own is in a tall and very simplistic shaped flacon that is basic but also speaks volumes at the same time. The flacon is a slim line and tall rectangular shape and is of a transparent glass making the contents very visible. Speaking of the contents, the perfume is a pale green with a hue of lemon in colour and can be clearly seen through the glass. Although I have a passion for bottles that are extravagant and colourful, I also think plain and simplistic designs can be very appealing and there is also he added bonus of being able to see how much of the perfume is remaining.

As my fragrance is an EDP it has a small hole near to the top of the bottle where the fragrance is emitted in a fine mist form.

Chanel No 19 is named so after it’s creator, the iconic Coco Chanel’s birthday on August 19th ...

• and was launched way back in 1970 but is still going strong today, and is made up of the following compositions:

The notes it’s made up include ~ *Iris *Musk *Leather *Bergamot *Jasmine *Lily of the valley *Vetiver *Sandalwood *Rose

So what are my thoughts on wearing this classic perfume? Well obviously as this is one of my favourite perfumes ever this review will be biased towards it being utterly wonderful.

This is a beautiful and spell bounding mixture of green floral and a sweet and floral based heart that is just truly captivating in every manner. The first thing I always notice on applying this perfume is the pretty floral notes of the iris, lily of the valley, jasmine and rose. I am particularly a fan of anything rose based so this is just a perfect scent for me I think. I love how it’s an equal combination of floral and woody/ green notes and the musk, leather, sandalwood and bergamot certainly do not disappoint though sadly the vetiver is always

slightly unnoticeable for me (but maybe that’s just me who can’t decipher it).

The fragrance comes across as slightly overpowering and overwhelming when first applied, but this is nothing new as far as Chanel fragrances go I have found from experience. The initial strong scent soon starts to disperse and leaves a fragrance of a comfortable level then for several hours without the need to top up.

Though the bottle this is presented in is very robust and sturdy, I still wouldn’t carry this around with me in my bag for fear of breaking it and to be honest I have never needed to reapply this so it’s never been an issue.

I would say this is more suited for evening wear as it’s a strong and sexy fragrance that carries well into the early hours and somehow seems out of place when worn during the day, though that’s only my opinion.

This would suit ladies in their 30’s upwards as it’s sexy but still has an older and more conservative feel to it than some other fragrances.

My opinion? A beautiful and elegant fragrance that oozes sophistication and sex appeal.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5613111544270730/k2311a1113/11.13.11