Hornsby’s Crisp Apple Hard Cider  » Food  »
  • I have tried a lot of different hard ciders because I enjoy regular cider so much, and this one tastes just like apple cider
  • However, I tried this cider at room temperature, and I was impressed with the fresh apple flavor
  • It tastes a lot like a red delicious or maybe a fuji apple
  • It tones down the apple flavor just slightly, and I think it tastes a bit more tangy than sweet
  • I really like this cider, and I'd recommend it to cider fans, apple lovers, and anyone looking for a light beer alternative to pair with their meals

• by Melanie Noell

If you like the taste of apples, you will love this hard cider! I have tried a lot of different hard ciders because I enjoy regular cider so much, and this one tastes just like apple cider. You would never guess that these drinks have a 5% alcohol content.

Hard apple ciders are best chilled, but I can drink this variety just about any which way. I personally prefer it chilled because it reminds me of drinking apple cider at the local pumpkin farm

when I was younger. However, I tried this cider at room temperature, and I was impressed with the fresh apple flavor. It tastes a lot like a red delicious or maybe a fuji apple. From the flavor, I would guess that the cider is made with a sweet red apple as opposed to a sour green apple like some of the more bitter ciders use. I don’t really get any other distinct flavors, but it may just be that they are well blended. The star flavor is the apple.

The typical fizzy consistency is present as with all ciders, which really compliments the strong apple flavor. Although it’s not carbonated like soda, it does kind of remind me of drinking an apple flavored soda. When it’s chilled, it really reminds me of soda. It tones down the apple flavor just slightly, and I think it tastes a bit more tangy than sweet. I don’t typically like very sweet drinks, and this one is on the verge of ...

• Hornsby's Crisp Apple Hard Cider
      being too sweet when it’s room temperature; however, it’s just the right amount of sweet and tart when it’s chilled. People who like a sweeter drink might like it better warmer, though. I can only drink a few of these because of the sweetness, but they’re an excellent treat.

I think this drink is great in fall, but it would also be a really refreshing drink for spring or summer. Since the alcohol content isn’t too high, and the taste is sweet yet refreshing,

it tastes really great with light dishes, possibly seafood or even a pasta with pesto sauce. I was impressed by the price, too. Priced at under $8 at my Harris Teeter store, it was less than most of the other hard ciders, which makes me really happy.

I really like this cider, and I’d recommend it to cider fans, apple lovers, and anyone looking for a light beer alternative to pair with their meals. You could even replace a glass of white wine with this drink!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2713111544100730/k2311a1113/11.13.11