Ziyad Brand Hummus Tahini
  • I love hummus, and I decided to try out a new store brand since it was on clearance
  • I bought the one in the yellow can labeled Ziyad Brand Hummus Tahini, and I wasn't expecting too much from clearance hummus in a can
  • It's delicious and can be spiced any way you like it

• by Melanie Noell

I love hummus, and I decided to try out a new store brand since it was on clearance: Ziyad Brand. I bought the one in the yellow can labeled “Ziyad Brand Hummus Tahini,” and I wasn’t expecting too much from clearance hummus in a can. I was pleasantly surprised.

What’s great about this hummus is that it’s a very basic hummus. There aren’t any fancy flavors like Sabra (I love Sabra, but some of their flavors are a bit crazy), rather

it’s just good, simple hummus. If you like basic hummus with plenty of chickpea flavor, you’ll probably enjoy Ziyad. I definitely liked it. And in terms of price, it’s actually a better deal than Sabra even though I’ve only ever seen it at health food stores.

The texture is really smooth, and it’s more finely ground than Sabra or homemade hummus. Although texture can be good, I’m not particularly fond of chunks in hummus, so I really loved Ziyad’s texture. It’s ...

• a bit thinner than hummuses that use lots of extra ingredients, but I don’t mind. It reminds me of a chip dip, and it makes the perfect spread for sandwiches. I also got a really nice chickpea smell when I opened the can which reassured me that it was fresh and flavorful.

This is pure hummus, and it’s delicious. I love that I can add whatever flavors I want. I added some olive oil and paprika to it for a

really tasty dip. It also went really great with some veggie beef strips that I used instead of beef tips. The creaminess makes it a really nice compliment to meat or imitation meat. Hummus and imitation beef tips is one of my favorite dishes, but I’ve never really found a hummus that tastes right with my veggie strips until this one.

Anyone who likes hummus will appreciate this brand for its simplicity. It’s delicious and can be spiced any way you like it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2713111544090730/k2311a1113/11.13.11