HTC Raider  » Phones  »
  • I was a bit disappointed seeing the HTC Raider
  • I noticed that there weren't any new features except the screen size
  • It is a small improvement, but I wouldn't consider it beneficial
  • I find that Fring has some call quality issue so I use Tribair for the majority of the time

• by MisterTickle

I was a bit disappointed seeing the HTC Raider. I noticed that there weren’t any new features except the screen size. It is a small improvement, but I wouldn’t consider it beneficial. I still prefer the Sensation or the Evo 3D over the Raider.

Here is a brief overview of the HTC Raider: The HTC Raider uses a 1.2 GHz dual core processor. It runs on a Qualcomm processor and has an Android 2.3 interface. Like all other phones, the HTC Raider comes with HTC Sense, which is HTC’s own development program integrated with Android. It has an 8 MP front camera and a 2 MP back camera. With this camera, it features dual flash options and face recognition feature.

The main improvement is that this phone has

a 4.5 inch screen. I find that this 4.5 inch screen isn’t that useful. I find that the bigger screen size is easier to navigate. Game playing and video watching are more enjoyable, that’s for sure. However, the bigger screen size also means bigger body size. This makes it a bit harder to fit it in my pocket, especially my jean pockets. I end up putting it in my bag pack or just hold it. This is very annoying. The only thing I can suggest to you is that you should only buy it if you have big pockets. Other than that, you are good to go.

Like all the other HTC phones, the performance is great. HTC Sense runs just as smoothly. It provides me with instant updates to weather, time, and date. I can even choose to view emails and to receive social updates. There are a lot of options and can be fully customized. I try not to add too many updates as it will slow down the start up time and it will affect my data usage. I find that the start up time takes longer when more things have to load on the homepage. However, if you do not mind the increased start up time, you can add as many as you want.

However, I’ve had some problems installing applications. Some utility applications did not install properly and I hat to remove them as I cannot use them. I tried installing the super task killer, but it was unsuccessful.

• HTC Raider
      Instead, I switched to another application that worked just as well. I am mainly using only the data plan. Then I use a VoIP application to make phone calls. I am switching back and forth between Tribair and Fring. I find that Fring has some call quality issue so I use Tribair for the majority of the time. Tribair is actually very reliable and works very well. I did not install Skype as I find that it is more expensive. I tried integrating Google Voice as it is free, but didn’t have any success so I am still currently trying to look for a way.

Web browsing is much better as web pages are easier to navigate. On top of that, I can view more content without scrolling

also because of the bigger screen. I currently have flash support so it is possible for me to watch videos. However, this does drain the battery a lot. I really hope that HTC will come up with a better battery. However, the current battery actually isn’t that bad. It works fairly well and I can cope.

The camera is good. 8 MP produces fairly good quality images. I find that the flash is not useful. I tried taking a few pictures in the dark and under low light, but didn’t get the quality I want. The flash does not efficiently illuminate the picture so that is a bit of a disappointment. One thing I would like to say is that you shouldn’t substitute this phone’s camera for your regular digital camera.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3710111543940530/k2311a1110/11.10.11