Benefit Cosmetics Dandelion Blush  » Cosmetics  »
  • One “box” of blush cost me about thirty dollars
  • I bought it on a whim, mostly because I had a Sephora gift card
  • My overall impression is that I am actually very impressed with the blush itself but I absolutely hate the packaging
  • Though I love the product, I really just wish it came in a simple compact instead of a box
  • I recommend it to anyone looking for a beautiful, sheer pink color with some added sheen

• by intensify

I recently purchased the Benefit Cosmetics Dandelion Blush. One “box” of blush cost me about thirty dollars. I bought it on a whim, mostly because I had a Sephora gift card. My overall impression is that I am actually very impressed with the blush itself but I absolutely hate the packaging. Though I love the product, I really just wish it came in a simple compact instead of a box.

The box describes this blush as a “ballerina pink” shade. I guess I would agree with that description. I think the thing about this blush that is so unique and that I like is that it is more of a highlighter with a pink tint to it than an actual blush, at least in my opinion. It is pigmented and the pink does show up on my cheeks but

at the same time it adds so much sheen. It isn’t glittery or tacky looking. If you are the sort of person who is looking for a more solid color rather than a translucent, baby pink, you may not like this. Also, if you aren’t looking for something that will give you a dewy finish but instead prefer a more matte finish, you might not like this. However, I happen to think it is incredibly natural looking and gorgeous on the cheeks. I have recently gotten in the habit of only using this one product and concealer before going out of the house and my face still looks very good.

Something that I really do not mind but that a lot of people tend to dislike is how powdery this blush is. It is an incredibly fine powder, to ...

• the point where if the blush came in a compact rather than a box, it would get incredibly messy. That is my theory behind why they chose to package this blush in a box. That said, I hate the box.so much. It is just way too bulky and does not fit well in my makeup collection. It is not the sort of product that I could just throw in my purse for on-the-go application. Plus, it’s made out of cardboard! I also do not think that the brush that comes with the box is very handy at all. The bristles are way too stiff and scratchy. It is difficult to use (it is a flat brush without a handle and it is tiny). The brush shape is supposedly good for contouring the cheeks but I just find it
        difficult to handle so I use my own blush brush with it.

A very small thing that I find worth mentioning is that this blush also has a slight fragrance to it. I’m not really a fan of products like blush or bronzer having a noticeable scent because I just do not find it necessary for my face to smell good. That’s just something to keep in mind if you are considering this blush. Overall, I have to give the Benefit Cosmetics Dandelion Blush a rating of a 7 out of 10. I recommend it to anyone looking for a beautiful, sheer pink color with some added sheen. I will probably not repurchase this blush not because I don’t like the product but simply because it is not my absolute favorite and because the box bothers me to no end.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3110111543810530/k2311a1110/11.10.11