Soy Renewal Nourishing Styling Treatment by Sexy Hair  » Cosmetics  »
2.0
  • I thought that maybe I had done something wrong so the next time I applied more product
  • I didn't get any other dramatically amazing results
  • Though I am still eager to try other products in the Healthy Sexy Hair line, I will definitely not be coming back to this one

• by intensify

I recently purchased the Soy Renewal Nourishing Styling Treatment from the Healthy Sexy Hair line. This is the same brand that makes the Big Sexy Hair line which I have tried in the past and liked. I had no idea that they had a line of hair products specifically formulated just to nourish the hair, so after discovering this on the shelf, I had to purchase it out of sheer curiosity. My overall impression of this styling treatment is that it is a wonderful smelling, non-greasy product yet it does not do as much as I expected it to do. It really did not live up to my expectations and I will probably not repurchase

it in the future because it is an expensive product that is not as effective as I would have hoped it to be.

The main appeal of this product, at least for me, was the fact that it contains argan oil. I have used several products containing that ingredient in the past and have loved them all. This particular product is a very sweet smelling oil that I basically just apply on either damp or dry hair. The goal, at least according to the packaging, is to add in shine and moisture and eliminate frizz while also smoothing hair. Sadly, this product did not help me achieve all of those things. The first time I used it, I did not notice any shine whatsoever. I thought that maybe I had done something wrong so the next time I applied more product. With more product, my hair did have shine, but it was more of a greasy look than a healthy, natural looking shine. Basically, this product either overdoes it or barely shows up at all.

I have literally tried using this treatment over and over again starting with two drops, then three, then four, etc. No matter how I try to tweak it, I either get greasy looking hair or no shine whatsoever. This product also does nothing for frizz. I live in a humid environment so it is pretty ...

• Soy Renewal Nourishing Styling Treatment by Sexy Hair
      tough for most hair products to truly eliminate frizz. This one did not live up to that test. The only thing that this product really did for me was make my hair feel slightly smoother. I didn’t get any other dramatically amazing results. Nothing about this product has that “wow” factor that I expected out of what is basically a sister product to the popular Big Sexy Hair line.

Another failed claim that this product makes is that it speeds up drying time. Maybe this is just something that I personally experienced, but using this on damp hair does not speed up drying time. I have actually timed how long it takes to dry

my hair without using this product and with using this product. Both times, it takes me around twenty minutes to dry my entire head of hair. Again, using a larger amount of this product (around five drops), does not shorten the length of time required to dry my hair.

Overall, I have to give the Soy Renewal Nourishing Styling Treatment from Healthy Sexy Hair a rating of a 4 out of 10. It ended up disappointing me in the end. The fact that it contains argan oil, one of my favorite ingredients, really doesn’t mean much. Though I am still eager to try other products in the Healthy Sexy Hair line, I will definitely not be coming back to this one.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 319111543540330/k2311a119/11.9.11