Sony NSZ-GT1 Internet TV
  • Since I have the internet feature, I try to avoid buying Blu-ray disks
  • To me, they are a waste of money because they cost more and quality isn't exactly more noticeable
  • I tried watching while downloading, but it was not a pleasant experience

• by MisterTickle

The Sony Internet TV player is actually more than just an internet streaming TV box. I extremely like this particular media player mainly because of the Blu-ray player option. There are actually several features about this media player that I really like.

In terms of features, this media player has got it all. I can easily switch between watching TV to watching TV over the internet to watching movies in the Blu-ray player to web browsing. I was actually quite surprised that I can do the last feature. This media player is actually capable of surfing the web. I can check my email, do Google searches, and more. It actually isn’t that hard. This media player comes with a mini keyboard. It is well designed with all 26 letters

of the alphabet on it, plus a few more shortcut keys. I find that it is easier to navigate on this media player than on most media players. The main reason is because I do not have the navigate with arrow keys. I have more keys to use now. This is the first feature. Web browsing is actually pretty good. The browser is well built and fairly responsive. However, I did notice occasional freeze ups with the browser. Other than that, I find the browser is good. I did watch a few YouTube videos and that was pretty good. I didn’t have any big issues there.

The Blu-ray player is standard. It is the same as any other Blu-ray player. It has all the features. However, since the remote ...

• is slightly different, the Blu-ray player navigation is a bit difficult. It does take some practice, but I got the hang of it eventually. I can still get the online extra features access when I have the disk. I tried it out with an exiting disk and that is it. Since I have the internet feature, I try to avoid buying Blu-ray disks. To me, they are a waste of money because they cost more and quality isn’t exactly more noticeable.

I should also mention that on top of the internet TV, this media player is integrated with Google TV. I can get all the Google TV features. Not only that, I also get automatic updates and upgrades from Google. These upgrades occur when the media player is connected

to the internet. My only recommendation is to wait until updates finish before start watching. I tried watching while downloading, but it was not a pleasant experience. I was not able to watch smoothly so I had to wait or pause the updating.

My overall impression of this media player is actually pretty good. I actually really this like media player. It is full of features and it does run smoothly. However, you must have a good internet connection. If you do not have a high speed internet connection, then don’t bother getting this media player. Unlike other media players, I can connect it to the internet using a wired connection or a wireless connection. It actually works both ways for convenience. I really don’t have any complaints about this media player.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 169111543520930/k2311a119/11.9.11