Jose Pedro Salsa  » Food  »
Sold at Dollar Tree
  • If you like mild but flavorful salsa, you MUST try this salsa I found at Dollar Tree
  • It is an excellent product and the best price out there

• by chatombreux

If you like mild but flavorful salsa, you MUST try this salsa I found at Dollar Tree. Now, I’ve bought their 16 oz. jars before and they’re very good, but this one is 24 oz., which is 50% more for the same price!

We use a lot of salsa at our house - in burritos, on eggs, and most recently, in meatloaf. My son uses salsa instead of mayonnaise on sandwiches. Believe me

- we use it frequently, so we don’t buy something lousy more than once.

The first ingredient in this salsa is tomato puree followed by tomatoes. Those are two really good signs right there. It also contains food starch, salt, onion, vinegar, bell peppers, coriander, cilantro and cumin as well as citric acid and natural flavors.

For those of you who suffer from Celiacs Disease, this is also a gluten-free product - meaning the ...

• food starch being used does not contain gluten.

It is also made in the US (Syracuse, NY, to be specific).

The flavor is zesty without being hot and is not at all watery. It’s plenty thick to stick to chips or to serve to guests without shame. Try it in a quesadilla or a breakfast burrito or mix it with beef and refried beans for burrito filling. Do like I did and use it to

make meatloaf instead of ketchup. Make Spanish rice with it or cook up a couple of cube steaks with it. There are just so many things you can do with this condiment - as far as your imagination will take you. And, for this price, you can afford to experiment!

As long as I can find this in Dollar Tree, I will be buying it. It is an excellent product and the best price out there!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 279111543480930/k2311a119/11.9.11