Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment, Vanishing Formula  » Cosmetics  »
  • It was my first time using Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment, Vanishing Formula which I bought for around 300 pesos online upon reading the many reviews I read about it
  • While I used and bought many spot correctors before a lot of them were costly so I was glad this one only cost 300 pesos and weighed
  • I like the slight cooling and tingly sensation it would bring because it was not as painful as the others I bought before, which would not only ting but would bring enormous pain because their acne medication is pretty strong and pretty much concentrated, unlike this one whose solution was a pretty low but effective, still
  • I did not experience instant results during the 2 nights I used it, but when I kept applying it for 5 straight nights, it was only when I realized that my acne were now getting smaller
  • I still used a moisturizer, though, but it was only to avoid any complications it might bring

• by ligaya178

Last summer I was plagued with a lot of acne. It was my first time using Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment, Vanishing Formula which I bought for around 300 pesos online upon reading the many reviews I read about it. While I used and bought many spot correctors before a lot of them were costly so I was glad this one only cost 300 pesos and weighed .75 g which was more than you would think and use. It actually lasted more than 2 moths with me, but because I treated my acne quickly I gave it away to my sis. Anyway, here is my review.

This product is an acne spot corrector, meaning you should apply its formula directly over each acne to heal itself in a few days. It contains 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide, a known acne medication that can help reduce inflammation and treat acne inside and out. It contains just 2.5% which was great, it won’t be causing more irritation compared to a 10% solution that can really cause skin dryness. In fact, many times have I used products containing such a strong solution that it dried me out,

I needed to use some moisturizer to minimize the skin dryness. Fortunately, this one only contained 2.5 percent, hence it is a little milder than the other acne solutions. Also, I liked that it contains a strong consistency - it is available in a gel-form, with a gel-like texture which would not drip off your fingers once you dispense it from its tube.

It is easy applying it on your acne. First I would wash my face and use a toner from Burt’s Bees, before using this one. I would use it in the morning and at night. When it is morning I would actually let it dry over my face before rinsing it off. When I would apply it I would actually feel a mild stinging sensation somewhere, which meant it was working. I like the slight cooling and tingly sensation it would bring because it was not as painful as the others I bought before, which would not only ting but would bring enormous pain because their acne medication is pretty strong and pretty much concentrated, unlike this one whose solution was a pretty low but effective, still.

• Using just a 2.5% acne solution is already enough and just as effective as a 10% solution, yet it is milder and less irritating.

It is also easy to dry out. In just a few seconds it already dried out but I would just let it remain. It would turn white in just a few minutes, but I would still allow it all over my face until the whole thing completely dries. I would normally let it dry for 2 hours before rinsing it off. Until then I can see white or transparent flakes dried out on each of my acne, which was good because it was an indication that it has already penetrated my acne. It indicated that it had worked already on each of my acne. I did not experience instant results during the 2 nights I used it, but when I kept applying it for 5 straight nights, it was only when I realized that my acne were now getting smaller.

I also started to use a moisturizer and a facial wash that contained tea tree oil. I think I like this acne spot corrector a lot because

in the 5 straight nights I used it, not only did I see my acen getting smaller, but I also saw how light red they already turned. Before they looked red and swollen, but now they looked light and less irritated. I used this product for a total of 14 nights, and after 14 days my acne near my nose and forehead were no longer there.

I like this product because it worked in 2 weeks, without exceptions. I did not develop scars and I did not have redness and itching anywhere. Besides, my face looked les irritated, and I did not develop dryness unlike before when I would use a strong medication, I would actually feel dry somewhere because of the strong solution the medicine had that I needed to use some moisturizer. But now, I did not even have some skin dryness anywhere, and I did not feel uneven and rough anywhere, which was good. I still used a moisturizer, though, but it was only to avoid any complications it might bring. But fortunately, I did not have them so this product did just fine.

I really recommend this product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 319111543220930/k2311a119/11.9.11