Dennison’s Chili
0.5
  • Unfortunately, I tried Dennison's Chili, as well
  • If you have already purchased this product, I can only recommend that, after opening it, you add some tomato sauce and cooked high-quality ground sirloin

• by cheephillippe
      I was a cook for hundreds of people, and made excellent chili. The closest product available in stores seems to be Stagg’s Chili (a good one), followed by Hormel.

I have also tried a few others.

Unfortunately, I tried Dennison’s Chili, as well.

My advice - DON’T.

It’s pasty, the beans seem to be of poor

quality, they clearly went cheap on tomato sauce, and there is decidedly less meat here than in the other brands.

If you have already purchased this product, I can only recommend that, after opening it, you add some tomato sauce and cooked high-quality ground sirloin.

But best advice is NOT TO BUY DENNISON’S.

I mean, I ...

• really hated this product.

For one thing, you need a shovel to dig it out of the can.

Canned chili may have a solid portion at the bottom which comes unglued with a little effort, but the entire contents of the can should not have to be pried out.

It may appear crude to call this

product garbage, but in doing so, I may spare you epicurean discomforts (that means having to take TUMS afterwards), and your guests’ unhappiness.

Is there anything else I could say to dissuade you from buying Dennison’s? Look for (or ask your store to order) Stagg’s Chili.

Now this is a quality product - take it from a cook.

Trish Erickson says :

Good afternoon, Could you please tell me if Dennison`s Chili contains gluten? Thanks for your assistance

John says :

No, they are gluten-free.

Galega says :

Gluten is generally used as a thickener for bottled product of certain categories, including tomato and chili. That might have alerted you. Fortunately, it doesn’t contain any sort of gluten.

O Green says :

I have purchased and serve Dennison Chili to my family for over 20 years. I am concerned about the quality of this product. Recently I purchased 10 cans. When I opened two cans to cook, they were different in appearance and taste. The child flavor was bland and greasy, color, beans not usual color and consistency was thin and wartery. I checked the label and pork is now added to this food. This chili is noticeable different, Dennison Chili was the better chili.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272704154280730/k2311a0427/4.27.07