Sony Bravia LCD 32″ Flat Screen TV
0.5
  • I bought the Sony Bravia LCD Flat Screen 32” TV for my husband for our bedroom
  • So my husband being pretty handy and somewhat knowledgeable with electronics took apart the TV, from what he could see the problem wasn’t fixable

• by Evelynn

I bought the Sony Bravia LCD Flat Screen 32” TV for my husband for our bedroom. It was our first Flat Screen TV Purchase so we were enthused to finally have not only a TV that we can put on the wall in front of our bed, but we were thrilled that we could finally get rid of our gigantic TV and TV Unit that was taking up most of the extra room in our bedroom.

We only had the TV a year and a half and as we were watching one night before bed half the screen turned into that fuzzy grey

color with lines across the screen. We figured it was the cable and kept turning the TV on and Off and called the cable company. Later that night we realized it wasn’t the cable, the TV screen completely stopped showing the picture and it turned into these rainbow lines over the entire screen.

So my husband being pretty handy and somewhat knowledgeable with electronics took apart the TV, from what he could see the problem wasn’t fixable. So we took it to a professional repair guy, who was also a friend of ours and he told us that the problem was such ...

• a big problem that it would be cheaper just to get a new TV, than to replace the parts and have it fixed.

So we contacted Sony and they of course didn’t care one bit. We ran out of the warranty and they pretty much told us it was our problem. We looked up online and found out that we were not the only ones experiencing this problem with the Sony Bravia. In fact there were over hundreds and thousands of complaints about our exact problem online.

I mean with a problem that affecting that many TV’s and people you think they would

have fixed the problem or gave us some kind of credit to purchase a new TV, but we got nothing but a loss of money and a 18 month old TV that was now garbage. Luckily we were able to sell the TV for about $50 for parts, but I will never buy Sony again. They lost a great customer, I only bought Sony Electronics, now I will never again buy from them. And not because the TV broke, all electronics can and may brake, but because of the way they handled the situation and didn’t care to help us in any way.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 164111542720230/k2311a114/11.4.11