Compeed Total Care Invisible Cold Sore Patches
  • I could feel the medicated film loosening, but I had to avoid licking that part with my tongue, of course
  • Since cold sores are really self-limiting, I think the patch, despite that it’s kind of a passive treatment compared to antiseptic creams and antiviral drugs, do a heck of a job speeding up the healing process
  • Somehow I believe the consistency I achieve from patches do better as opposed to irregularly using cold sore creams (in that I can’t apply the cream to work, only at home)
  • I like how everything is made to observe sterility, especially the patches, which are packed individually in packets

• by jhunie

You gotta hate cold sores. The fact that they are prevalent on the lips make a despicable connotation, even other misinformed people think this viral infection is as vile as STD. Anyway, my lips, in all its vain existence, suffered its lowest point when a cold sore popped up one day. Cold sores needn’t rip my self-esteem, because the Compeed Total Care patches healed it while hidden from malicious eyes.

The Compeed invisible cold sore patches dried up the eruption in approximately 2 days. I reckon a total of 5 or 6 patches kicked the bugger away, subsequently. I didn’t even see the thing reach a terminal stage, when, normally, it becomes nasty and swollen before getting better. Following that first bout of cold sore, a new sore appeared no sooner than a day of respite from the previous infection, this time very close to the inner, mucosal area. So I regressed to the same symptoms, again, but I focused my utter

contempt on patching up the annoying thing. The placement of the patch was a little problematic; the cold sore found its way inside my mouth, which put the patch to the test as it got drenched in moisture. (But it was absolutely important to stop the spread of the infection inside, nevertheless.) In addition, I refrained from talking too much for fear that the patch might peel off. Sipping with a straw also helped. I could feel the medicated film loosening, but I had to avoid licking that part with my tongue, of course. I used more patches at this instance, changing it when necessary. The patch seemed to work best at night, maybe because my mouth was drier (I don’t snore, alright), and there’s less mechanical movement while asleep. Given the following circumstances, zapping the flare up took more time than the first one.

As an adult, the pain inflicted by cold sores was tenacious – it was unlike

anything I felt as a child – akin to painful boils around the mouth, excuse my unpleasant analogy. The Compeed patches diminished the discomfort I felt, albeit slightly. I could still discern a slight sore when I moved my lips, but the patch relieved me from signs of irritation, most notably the itching involved. Since cold sores are really self-limiting, I think the patch, despite that it’s kind of a passive treatment compared to antiseptic creams and antiviral drugs, do a heck of a job speeding up the healing process. Somehow I believe the consistency I achieve from patches do better as opposed to irregularly using cold sore creams (in that I can’t apply the cream to work, only at home). A greater advantage of cold sore patches, that is if you’re averse to pain like me, is they never hurt as much as those antiseptic drops (kanka, for instance). Cold sore liquids sting to excruciating pain.

Packaged for road warriors, Compeed patches ...

• Compeed Total Care Invisible Cold Sore Patches
      are sold in a compact case to serve as an emergency cold sore kit, with a helpful mirror to boot. You can stick the patch literally right off the bat, because we know cold sores can strike any time. I like how everything is made to observe sterility, especially the patches, which are packed individually in packets. The actual patch was bigger, I thought, button-sized perhaps. The clear film is flimsy, and thus requires careful instructions for application. Cold sores can proliferate in and around the mouth. And know that they are exceptionally contagious. To prevent cross-contamination, two strips initially hold the patch on adjacent ends, the first strip you rip to expose half of the patch while holding the other strip allows you to lay the patch upon the cold sore. Shielded by the patch, you stick the first half of it with a finger while removing the remaining strip. It’s like applying a band-aid. I have reservations in regard to its ability to isolate the infection. Why did mine flare up afterward? But I was grateful my ordeal with cold sores lasted less than a week.

Let’s not forget that the patches, as supposed, are ‘invisible.’ The patches aren’t invisible – but, yeah, they are agreeably inconspicuous. It tends to blend in the longer it stays on lips. For maximum cover up, though, and since I like to deny my cold sore’s existence, I put some coats of opaque, not sheer, lip gloss or organic lip butter to disguise the patch. It disappears. It’s actually formulated to work with makeup. The patch has an estimated life span of 8 hours, but the ultimate cue to know when to change the patch is the time it starts to peel off. So easy. A pop of 15 patches costs 18 dollars. For a no-fuss cold sore treatment, the Compeed patches are highly recommended by me. Patch away that little red devil!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 263111542641130/k2311a113/11.3.11