Chilis Restaurant in Monroe, North Carolina  » Restaurants  »
2861 Highway 74, Monroe, North Carolina
  • However, it is the service that puts this Chilis above the others

• by Tara Dooley

The Chilis Restaurant in Monroe, North Carolina is a quality eating establishment. Yes, they have the same menu items as the other locations. You can pick from a range of dishes from burgers or chicken sandwiches to shrimp tacos or steaks. However, it is the service that puts this Chilis above the others.

We went to the Monroe Chilis for my birthday. I made sure my family did not say anything, because I do not like a

big show. It is best if you go here to call ahead, especially if you have a large group. They tend to be busiest on the weekends, but any day after 7 pm is fairly busy.

The service was great. Our waiter was very attentive, refilling drinks before they were empty and bringing our food quickly (for which I should give credit to the kitchen).

We sat in the back at some tables they set up for us.

• The staff gave us three, even though two tables were enough. Napkins, dishes and utincils were all clean, and the tables were wiped down before we were seated.

As for the food, it was good with no complaints from any of my family. It seems like everyone got something different, so there was a wide varity. We sampled each others so we could find out if it was something we might want to try next time. All

of it was good. The chicken fingers were juicy, and I have never found a more consistantly good burger like the ones at Chilis Restaurant.

Our waiter brought us boxes for the leftovers without us asking, and remembered to bring little cups for the various sauces as well. You must try this Chilis if you are ever driving through Monroe. On Highway 74, just in front of a Target shopping center, it is on the main route to the beach.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 731101541810431/k2311a1031/10.31.11