Dell Laptop Inspiron B130
  • Before I went away for college this year, I bought a Dell Laptop, Inspiron B130
  • The first problem occured the minute I had it out of the box and installed
  • In the future, I don't think I'll be buying another Dell computer
  • So if you're looking for a computer, I guess I wouldn't recommend getting a Dell

• by Jolly
      Before I went away for college this year, I bought a Dell Laptop, Inspiron B130. It cost around $800. While it is certainly a decent enough laptop, I have had problems with it already, and I’ve only had it eight months.

The first problem occured the minute I had it out of the box and installed! The disc drive was inoperative. The computer would not read

the drive.

It was like this for about a month, and then it fixed itself. It suddenly began to read the disc drive, so all was well.

Strange. The second major probem occured in December, only four months since I’d had it.

The local profile corrupted, and I lost several things, including all of my music. I had to create a new local profile, and ...

• luckily this one hasn’t corrupted yet.

Apparently, corruption of local profiles is a reoccuring problem Dell computers have. The other complaint I have about the computer is some of the software installed upon it does not work correctly.

The Movie Maker, for example, stopped working for no apparent reason about two months ago. Other than those problems, the computer isn’t bad.

It’s the perfect

size for me, and easy to manage most of the time. In the future, I don’t think I’ll be buying another Dell computer.

My parents have a Dell desktop computer, and have been highly dissatisfied with it since they bought it a year and a half ago. So if you’re looking for a computer, I guess I wouldn’t recommend getting a Dell.

Do a little more research.

Ben Blanchette says :

I have an Inspiron B120 (same thing, only with a 14 screen, not s 15 ) im using it 2 write this. I also have another B120 and the screen went, but i fixed it by jamming some flat legos in the plastic around the screen. NOTE I bought it off of ebay. well, the 1 im using now, i havent had 1 broblem (except 4 the D key falling off, but that i did by accedent) So my question is… Did u or did u not by this from ebay? cuz the 1 im using now was bought straight from DELL.

Jules Li says :

I’m not sure of exactly where it was purchased. However, I want to note that you will have to replace the LCD casing in order to hold the screen in place. Once it becomes damaged, the screen becomes loose.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 632604154181030/k2311a0426/4.26.07