Cover Girl Intense Shadowblast Eye Shadow  » Cosmetics  »
  • I purchased this in the shade Brown Bling and I love it
  • First off, I like that it is super easy to apply
  • I wouldn’t call it shimmery, but it definitely has some dimension
  • Even though it is buildable, on first application the color looks a lot more sheer than I thought that it would
  • I do recommend this product and will probably go back to buy it in other shades

• by intensify

I recently purchased the Cover Girl Intense Shadowblast eye shadow. I saw the commercial for it and knew that I had to have it because I am the type of person who loves any sort of product that shortens the amount of time that it takes me to do my makeup. I also love getting two products for the price of one. Because this eye shadow contains a built-in primer, I can skip that step of applying the primer separately. The first time I used this product, I was curious to see if the eye shadow would actually last longer on my eyes or whether it would end up being a poor quality drugstore shadow that would fade.

I purchased this in the shade Brown Bling and

I love it. First off, I like that it is super easy to apply. Instead of using ten different eye shadow brushes, the product comes with a wand in it. The wand has a sponge tip that is perfect for using with a cream shadow. I really do think that the built-in primer makes a difference. The color looks gorgeous, the shadow has a good amount of staying power, and the product does not crease even though I typically have oily eyelids. I like that this is a versatile product. I have used it alone as a shadow or underneath other eye shadows as a base.

The shade itself is gorgeous. It is a rich brown with a bit of a sheen to it. I wouldn’t call it ...

• shimmery, but it definitely has some dimension. Something about this product that I actually do not like is the consistency. I just have a personal bias toward eye shadows that are in the form of a powder rather than a cream. I just think that powders are easier to blend. Even so, I like this product. Another thing that I have to mention that could be improved upon is the sheerness of this shadow. Even though it is buildable, on first application the color looks a lot more sheer than I thought that it would. In order to make it look as vibrant as I would like, I have to apply multiple layers. If this product were a bit more pigmented, I would love it that much
        more.

I only bought the brown shade of this product, but there are other shades available, including a really pretty silver shade called “Platinum Pop” that I really want to get next. Overall, I have to give the Cover Girl Intense Shadowblast Eye shadow a rating of a 7 out of 10. It is so nice to be able to shorten the eye makeup application process slightly. To have to put on primer, eye shadow, mascara, and eye liner can be a bit tedious so having a primer built into an eye shadow is awesome. Plus, the product is so inexpensive that it really does not hurt to go buy it and try it out. I do recommend this product and will probably go back to buy it in other shades!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3131101541650431/k2311a1031/10.31.11