Crazy Stupid Love 2011 Movie
  • This movie has had a lot of hype from the beginning and most of my friends are loving it so I decided to finally see it
  • It is because Emily has had extramarital affairs and I will not divulge as to how, who and when it happened (to avoid spoilers)
  • The all-star cast carried out the movie well and I suggest seeing this if you want to see a typical romantic comedy

• by asg

I just saw the movie Crazy, Stupid Love. This movie has had a lot of hype from the beginning and most of my friends are loving it so I decided to finally see it. This movie is a typical romantic comedy and it has an all-star cast. This movie is about the intertwining stories of the characters Cal (Steve Carell), Emily (Julianne Moore), Jacob (Ryan Gosling), David (Kevin Bacon), Robbie (Jonah Bobo), Hannah (Emma Stone) ,Jessica the babysitter (Analeigh Tipton) and Kate (Marisa Tomei).

I have

had a lot of high expectations about this film, especially if it has been rated 7.7 in IMDB. At the start, we see how Cal and Emily is talking about divorce. Eventually, the film gently shows you why the couple is getting a divorce. It is because Emily has had extramarital affairs and I will not divulge as to how, who and when it happened (to avoid spoilers). As Cal is devastated by his impending divorce, he seeks the help of Jacob, a bachelor who knows his ways about getting women and getting over a bad romance. He tries to cope up with his broken heart and sadness by learning the ropes from Jacob.All the other characters are part of Cal’s family or Cal’s way of coping up with his impending divorce.

If you are familiar with the plot design of Crash, this movie falls under that. Everything that happens are related to one another, every character in the film is somewhat related to each other. Honestly, I did not enjoy the film ...

• Crazy Stupid Love 2011 Movie
      so much and I didn’t get wowed by it. I just happened to enjoy the ride of watching it, and the storyline is quite, well, realistic so it seems in some ways. I guess I am just tired of a plot design like this because I have seen films do it successfully and unsuccessfully. This film deserves a good rating, but I wouldn’t give it a perfect one. It is great to enjoy during a nice weekend night with friends and some nice beer. It is
      light, humorous and not a slapstick comedy. It is easy to understand and enjoy, the actors were great and the soundtrack they used in this movie was great too.

This will not bring you a barrel of good laughs as compared with Horrible Bosses, but this is just enough to enjoy on a Saturday night. I happened to like it but I am not ecstatic about it. The all-star cast carried out the movie well and I suggest seeing this if you want to see a typical romantic comedy.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1126101541211031/k2311a1026/10.26.11