G Him By Gap ( For Men ) Perfume
  • I was expecting melon to come out first but I experience the reverse
  • I also noticed musk and amber as the scent dries down
  • The entire smell is lightly aromatic but I love how the floral and fruity aspects cling in the background
  • Over all I think this is perfect for some occasions but not to make this a signature scent for a man

• by ibizaspain

I have lots of perfumes, I use them according to purpose and to which olfactive group they belong. If it is has a light, subtler fragrance– I use it when I workout or when I play soccer. I use lighter scent because I just want to maintain that fresh mood despite you are sweating. I recently purchased this perfume from Gap called G Him. It was released last 2002. The packaging appealed to me because it was similar to Gap’s concept for its clothing merchandise. Gap always provides that minimalist concept and subdued tone in their clothing collection. The fragrance is enclosed in a silver flacon. It looked sophisticated for me although it feels like a beverage drink. The box was butter yellow. The scent is classified as

aromatic fruity. There is that cool and breezy scent about this perfume just by looking at it.

The top notes were cotton flower, pomegranate and melon. The opening had subtle hints of pomegranate. This was the obvious smell I noticed. However, after a couple of minutes I begin noticing cotton flower and a little later melon. I was expecting melon to come out first but I experience the reverse. The smell of cotton flower gave the smell a slight powdery texture although barely noticeable. Then the segue was the aromatic aspect of the smell– cardamom was intense for a bit and then there were juniper berries which provided the woody cloud in the segue. The dry down had a sweet but woody texture. I also noticed musk and ...

• amber as the scent dries down. The entire smell is lightly aromatic but I love how the floral and fruity aspects cling in the background.

I love the opening because it gave me a gentle scent and it has the perfect elements. The notes during the opening was like experiencing a wonderful day as spring begins. I love how natural the combination of the three notes. It has a floral note which was just mild and two fruity note that was also tamed well. The good think with pomegranate is it was not too strong and it still provided room for melon to surface. The entire scent has a little aromatic green smell and likewise a formidable fruity texture. This is beautiful during summer season where you need

to just puff off the humid atmosphere with something delightful to smell or appropriate for somebody like me to maintain the smell of freshness while playing active sports. It is like wearing a thin natural aroma which is not to exaggerating. It is mostly pure for me which makes it the winning formula and the fact that no other intoxicating notes to experience while you don this scent.

Albeit I have a great impression with this scent, I find it too feminine sometimes. Perhaps the most obvious note responsible for that is pomegranate. Thankfully there are notes like musk and sandalwood which maintains the “for men” characteristics. Over all I think this is perfect for some occasions but not to make this a signature scent for a man.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5624101540810131/k2311a1024/10.24.11