Fujifilm FinePix S1800  » Cameras  »
  • After my son was born, I decided to buy a better quality digital camera than the 5 year old point and shoot that I had been using
  • The 12 mega pixels are more than enough to produce sharp looking photos, and the 18x optical zoom is simply amazing
  • This is not much of an issue when taking photos, but should you choose to zoom in or out while shooting video, you will hear it on the audio

• by habow

After my son was born, I decided to buy a better quality digital camera than the 5 year old point and shoot that I had been using. At the same time, I wanted something user friendly, without too many confusing bells and whistles. After much research, I decided on the Fuji Finepix S1800. Besides having the features I was after, it is a very budget friendly camera.

From the start, I loved the look of this camera. It has

a larger DSLR look and feel to it, but it’s still fairly lightweight and simple. The two features that were most important to me were the mega pixels, for picture clarity, and the optical zoom. I have learned from using other digital cameras that, for me at least, digital zoom is always disappointing. The Finepix, however, doesn’t disappoint in either of these categories. The 12 mega pixels are more than enough to produce sharp looking photos, and the 18x optical zoom is simply amazing. Without using a tripod or stabilizer of any kind, I have been able to achieve crystal clear photos of very distant objects.

There are a number of fun features including a simple to use panorama option that never fails to create great photos. Face recognition and blink detection are fairly standard now, but both are handy features. There are several options to take a series of photos in succession, which is invaluable ...

• Fujifilm FinePix S1800
      at any high speed sporting event.

Of course, for the relatively low price of this camera, you will not get the performance that you would out of professional DSLR type cameras. For all the great things about this camera, there are some serious drawbacks too. The motor that operates the zoom lens is loud. This is not much of an issue when taking photos, but should you choose to zoom in or out while shooting video, you will hear

it on the audio. Also, sometimes, no matter the setting, lighting or subject, I cannot capture I crisp image. Granted, this may be in part user error, as I am not a professional photographer and in fact tend to stick to the basic functions of the camera.

Overall, if you are looking for an easy to use, good quality digital camera with a fantastic optical zoom, the Fuji Finepix S1800 fits the bill nicely without breaking the bank

Sayli Sawant says :

re : This is not much of an issue when taking photos, but should you choose to zoom in or out while shooting video, you will hear it on the audio
I have used this camera to photograph animals in field. It gives good quality pictures. Clarity is best. Easy to use snd handle.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4320101539950531/k2311a1020/10.20.11