Panasonic SR-DE103 Rice Cooker  » Housewares  »
  • Since the price was decent I decided to make the purchase
  • What I found most interesting was the Cake setting
  • It is convenient because the unit shuts off itself
  • I'd highly recommend it to anyone in the market for one

• by Manah

I purchased the Panasonic SR-DE103 Rice Cooker when my old Aroma cooker failed on me. I was interested in the fuzzy-logic technology and needed a rice cooker with decent capacity. This has a capacity of 5 cooks dry, or 10 cups cooked. Since the price was decent I decided to make the purchase. I’m glad I did.

Every grain of rice cooks evenly to perfection with this cooker. With the Aroma

cooker, sticky rice would always be lumpy, sort of dry and have many “crunchy” grains. With this, it is perfectly sticky throughout. It also cooks regular white rice and brown rice perfectly.

What I found most interesting was the “Cake” setting. This setting allows it to basically function as an oven, so if you want to bake a cake or a casserole, you can do so. All you need to do ...

• is set the timer and forget about it. It is convenient because the unit shuts off itself. So far, I’ve used it to bake one cake. The results were fantastic. It tasted just like any cake basked in the oven, however, it was more convenient as I did not need to worry about it burning since the unit auto shuts off. I was also surprised by how easily it slid
        out of the pan. After 10 minutes, the cake came right out. Unlike my normal cake pans, it did not fall apart.

The slow cook option also works great. I’ve cooked several pots of beans and soups by using this setting. It makes it just as good as a conventional slow cooker.

The Panasonic SR-DE103 rice cooker is an excellent value. I’d highly recommend it to anyone in the market for one.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5320101539770531/k2311a1020/10.20.11