Brooklyn La Taverna Restaurant
946 Manhattan Ave., Brooklyn, NY 11222
  • I prefer to try new places that are crowded, because then I know my chances of the food being good will be high
  • I decided to warm up the butter in the bread basket
  • The table next to me ordered a salad, and I think I will have to try that one instead next time

• by Mindmatters

When I walked in here, I was confused by the ethnicity of the place. My friend told me we were going to have Italian food, but that was not the vibe I got when I walked in. I was thinking, there is no way this is Italian owned. The vibe was very off.

The place didn’t look very Italian.

Every Italian place I have been to always looks very Italian. The decor was a little strange for being an Italian place.

I was excited to try their lunch menu. Everything looked so amazing.

Lunch time was not very crowded. I prefer to try new places that are crowded, because then I know my chances of the food being good will be high.

I first got served bread. How I love the bread basket. I wish the butter was useable. You can’t use butter that has just been taken out of the refrigerator. I decided to warm up the butter in the bread basket. It worked a little, but I wasn‘t too happy about the butter being rock ...

• Brooklyn La Taverna Restaurant
      hard..

I ordered the mixed greens salad, and it came with a soup. I got the minestrone soup. This soup was so not Italian. It tasted more like a middle eastern soup. Don’t get me wrong, it was tasty, but not the typical minestrone soup I expected. The salad was okay, and it needed more dressing. I have to

say though, the capers made this salad.

The waitress was extremely nice, and the environment was calm. I love this place, and I will be back. I just might order something different though. I will most likely order a different salad. The table next to me ordered a salad, and I think I will have to try that one instead next time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 719101539690431/k2311a1019/10.19.11