Carl’s BBQ Restaurant  » Restaurants  »
21920 Hwy 290 West, Cypress, TX 77429

• by Mindmatters

My home town is Houston ,and every time I visit here, I have to eat at this place. They just don’t make barbecue food in New York, the way they do in Texas. I should probably say nobody makes better barbecue food better than Carl’s Barbecue.

It is a very unique place. It looks very Texas from the outside.

They have plenty of parking, but I guess they could have more. They get pretty busy during lunch

and dinner. If you can’t park in their parking lot, you have no other place to park. This place is right off the highway.

They have a very good system to order, and it helps them get your food very fast. The lines get long here, but it goes fast. If there is a wait, it is totally worth to just wait it out. The food is so good, and the smell in there is torture, until ...

• you actually start eating.

The thing to get here is their giant baked potato with the works. It comes with tender chopped beef that is just so flavorful. It is well seasoned, and made to perfection. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. They really pour on the toppings. A mountain of beef, sour cream, cheese and chives.

They have a little station so you can add your jalapenos, pickles and barbecue sauce. The barbecue

sauce is to die for. It’s got to be a family secret, because I have never had barbecue sauce like that before. I go a little crazy with the barbecue sauce. I could take a straight up shot of this.

They have plenty of seating, and it is very western like inside too. It is a great environment and even better food. I am coming here again in about two weeks, when I come to Texas for another visit.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 719101539550431/k2311a1019/10.19.11