Athletic Works Five Pound Set of Ankle Weights  » Health  »
  • As an adult, I learned to cut scar tissue on the bottom of my left foot that was about ½” thick
  • Now I was faced with the issue of training my feet to lie flatter on the ground
  • I thought about those boys in high school that played basketball
  • And I know do not usually turn my feet over any more

• by Tammy Rich

I have been missing my left big toe and over half the second adjacent toe since I was four years old. I was the unfortunate victim of a vicious lawnmower. I do not remember the recovery period. But I am told I was crawling like a baby the next week after the accident. I suppose I was going through the process of regaining my balance. And I wore corrective shoes that were ugly to me as a child for several years after that. I always turned both feet to the outside

and would always wear out the outside of my heels first.

As an adult, I learned to cut scar tissue on the bottom of my left foot that was about ½” thick. It probably was the main reason I had started turning my feet outward. Now I was faced with the issue of training my feet to lie flatter on the ground. I thought about those boys in high school that played basketball. On games days, they would wear bands on their ankles with weights. I asked a boy once why he would ...

• wear them. He informed me that you were more lively and it was easier to jump up to the basket when you took them off before the game. So I went shopping and found an Athletic Works Five Pound Set of Ankle Weights from the local sporting goods store. I was warned not to wear them more than three to four hours per day.

I put them on for about two weeks. The Athletic Works Ankle Weights were actually forcing my foot to lay straighter. After a longer period of use,

my feet were actually hurting less due to the Athletic Works Ankle Weights. I even would use them periodically while riding my exercise bicycle. They have worked wonders for me. And I know do not usually turn my feet over any more. If I feel I am, I start wearing the Athletic Works Ankle Weights more frequently.

If you have such a condition, Athletic Works Ankle Weights is highly recommended. But be sure to heed all warnings on the package. And overuse as defined by an athletic trainer professional can be harmful.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3419101539220331/k2311a1019/10.19.11