Mike’s Pastry
300 Hanover St., Boston, MA 02113
  • I noticed the selection of cannolis first
  • I think the thing to get here are the cannolis, because they are to die for

• by Mindmatters

If you are walking around Boston, even in the subway station, you will notice many people walking by you with a small box that says, Mike’s Bakery. I have never seen anything like it before. After noticing that during my first time in Boston, I had to find this place.

I didn’t have a hard time finding it, because it was the place with people standing outside just to get in.

The streets were flooded with people that had just left the bakery, and they all had a box of goods in hand. I waited in line, just like everybody else. When I was in, it was a madhouse.

I noticed the selection of cannolis first. The selection was huge, and I had a hard time deciding what to get. I mean, they had every filling you could think of. I ordered ...

• the classic giant cannoli. The filling was creamy, thick and rich. The shell was perfectly made and crispy. It was very fresh tasting. I am sure they make these fresh daily, especially with all the customers they get.

The other thing I ordered was the oreo cake. The cake was just okay, and I probably wouldn’t order it again. It was a little dry. I think the thing to get here

are the cannolis, because they are to die for.

The place is big, but the seating is tight. They have maybe 10 tables, and they are very close to each other. The other space is filled with people. There is barely room to breath, so it is best to take it to go. The lines are long but fast, because they have about 10 people working the front counter. An unbelievable place.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 718101539050331/k2311a1018/10.18.11