Day Collision Center  » Cars  »
1.0
1461 Hayden Boulevard Elizabeth, PA
  • He told me that to fix the scratch, they would need to repaint the entire panel of the car and blend the door and it would cost $600 and take 2 days

• by story3girl

I recently went to Day Collision Center to get a scratch repaired on my car. I called ahead to say I was coming and was told I didn’t need an appointment and to bring the car by any time because “something small like that” they could “take care of whenever.”

When I got there, I stood in the office for 15 minutes before anyone helped me. No one was in the office,

I stuck my head back into the garage and several techs looked at me and then continued about their day. Finally, someone came out to help me and offered to give me an estimate.

He told me that to fix the scratch, they would need to repaint the entire panel of the car and blend the door and it would cost $600 and take 2 days. I specifically asked him ...

• if the scratch could be buffed out and he said no, it was too deep and that if I didn’t have it painted it would rust.

I got the estimate, and went somewhere else to get a second opinion. The second shop I took my car to, I was told that there was no way it would rust because it wasn’t through the paint. The man there took a cloth and buffed the

scratch off for me on the spot at no charge.

I would never go back to Day Collision Center and am recommending that none of my friends take their cars there. I’m sure they do very nice bodywork, but I considered the service to be poor, the estimate to be high, and overall the treatment to be somewhat questionable. They assumed my insurance would cover it and were trying to milk it for all they could get.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 917101538930531/k2311a1017/10.17.11