ASUS Eee PC 1015PX-MU17-BK  » Computers  »
  • This net book can handle a lot in my opinion
  • I was able to run several programs without a problem and I have to say that this net book is very easy to use
  • I found some similar programs that are free and they do the exact same thing so I didn't bother keeping the pre installed programs
  • I did experience some freeze up when running Microsoft Office 2010
  • I am actually surprised because many reported to only get two hours so I find that this net book is definitely worth it

• by MisterTickle

The Asus Eee PC is actually a pretty good net book. This net book can handle a lot in my opinion. I was able to run several programs without a problem and I have to say that this net book is very easy to use. It works very well. I find that this net book is great for basic web browsing.

This net book has a 10.1 inch screen. It has 250 GB of internal hard disk storage and a 1 GB memory. It runs on a 1.66 GHz dual core Intel Atom processor. I find that the only problem is the 250 GB storage. I actually didn’t get 250 GB. The pre-installed programs took quite a bit of

space. After uninstalling them, I managed to get a few gigabytes more.

I uninstalled these programs because they take up space. These programs are not free. I actually do found out that I must pay after the trial is over. I found some similar programs that are free and they do the exact same thing so I didn’t bother keeping the pre installed programs.

The actual performance is great. I did experience some freeze up when running Microsoft Office 2010. The only solution is to just wait it out. I simply just give it a minute to fully load before I start doing my work. I also experience occasional freeze ups. This usually occurs when Microsoft Office is auto ...

• saving my files. There is a temporary delay there. Other than that, I find that everything runs smoothly.

This net book runs on Windows Starter. This is a major problem, especially when I am installing programs. I found out that some programs cannot be installed because of Windows Starter. There are several limitations. To solve this problem, I used the Windows Anytime upgrade. I can have the option to upgrade to Home or Ultimate. Ultimate is more expensive than Home.

The web surfing is actually decent. Web pages load fairly fast. The only problem is that I encounter freeze ups when I open more than four tabs. Other than that, everything runs smoothly. The display quality is decent. I can

watch videos perfectly fine. However, the quality isn’t amazing, but it will do. The battery life is good. I can get three solid hours from this net book. I am actually surprised because many reported to only get two hours so I find that this net book is definitely worth it.

Some things I didn’t like would be the that there is no HDMI port. I have considered connecting this net book to my television, but decided against that. The main reason being that the display quality is really poor. I also don’t like the fact that it can’t efficiently reduce the heat built up. After about half an hour of use, the heat builds up and it gets really hot.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1917101538890531/k2311a1017/10.17.11