Philips GoGear 16GB Ariaz MP3 Video Player  » Electronics  »
  • The problem with this is that some artists are unknown
  • In terms of audio quality, I think that it gives off a clear sound
  • I looked at the specifications on JR and I totally disagree with it
  • I was a bit disappointed not being able to get AM as well

• by MisterTickle

The Philips GoGear is a very affordable media player. In the name, it mentions that it can play videos. However, I find that it isn’t possible to play videos. There actually is not good quality video support. I find watching videos on this MP3 player to be very painful. The WMV format quality is very poor so I’m not going to bother with the video playback review.

This portable media player has a 2.4 inch screen making it a good size to navigate. I would prefer a bigger screen as I can see more songs on the screen. However, the 2.4

inch screen is good; I can cope with that. The accepted formats are .MP3 and .WMA. I was surprised that windows media audio is capable of being played. This is a plus. I have songs in both windows media audio format and the standard mp3 format so it really helps that this player has both formats.

After using it for a while, I find that the navigation is well planned. I have different options to browse my directories. They have filters as well such as listing all songs or just by artists. The problem with this is that some artists are unknown. I end up just going to browsing all songs. In terms of audio quality, I think that it gives off a clear sound. I didn’t have any issues with the audio quality. This player comes with in-ear ear buds so that cancels external noise a bit. It actually helps when I am listening to audio books when I am on the go. The outside noise can be frustrating, but it gets reduced with these ear buds. The ear buds and the media player makes a good combination.

The battery life is actually decent. I can five to six hours ...

• Philips GoGear 16GB Ariaz MP3 Video Player
      on a single charge. I use a wall charger as I have one of those wall charger adapters. I looked at the specifications on JR and I totally disagree with it. It claims to give 36 hours of music playback on a single charge. In reality, I have tried that and found that it is not possible. If my volume and brightness isn’t turned up really high, then I can get roughly six hours.

This players has one other feature. It is the FM radio. I was a bit disappointed not being able to get AM as well. I find that

the FM radio isn’t that clear. I find that the internal antenna is a bit weak. I have an iPod, but I don’t use that much any more due to battery life problems. I tested out the radio quality and my iPod delivered a much better quality. Of course, I did tune in to the same channel for the radio. On the Philips, I got some static so there are some reception problems. Other than that, I find that this MP3 player is really worth it. It has a solid construction built, and I find that it is really durable.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1617101538830531/k2311a1017/10.17.11