Brittany Dog  » Pets  »
  • I would recommend a brittany as a hunting dog or a pet

• by Penehamster
      My Brittany dog. My Brittany is now 10 years old. Ten years of great joy! I got my buddy from Springfield Illinois as a 12 week old puppy. He was the cutest little guy.

He had curls all over - his ears were curls, up and down his legs were curls, there were curls on his back. In puppyhood, he was a loving dog and still is. He

returns all the love you give him.

While he was a puppy, he would dig, dig, dig. There were holes all over the yard. It was non stop digging.

He would come into the house and dig on my bed, digging right through the sheets and ripping them to shreds. As he got older, the digging disappeared, just gone. He never chewed on anything, but sure loved to dig ...

• as a pup.

I use him for grouse hunting. He is a wonderful flusher. He will travel through the thickest brush and bring out a grouse or woodcock.

After I bring down the bird, he will retrieve it for me and drop it at my feet. It never took much training, maybe several weeks. He is the most loving dog.

He sleeps with my wife and loves to cuddle.

He is a big brittany - about 60 pounds. We have a smaller dog, that he has called his buddy and is very protective of her.

He has had some problems with his teeth, but other than that his health is good. I would recommend a brittany as a hunting dog or a pet. They are a quiet loving dog.

It’s too bad dogs don’t live long. He is such a wonderful dog.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 292504153881130/k2311a0425/4.25.07