Olay Regenerist Daily UV Regenerating Lotion with SPF50  » Cosmetics  »
  • I noticed this both when rubbing my hands together and when rubbing my face
  • The first time it happened, I thought I was going to have to wash my face and not use it again
  • And I think my skin feels firmer to the touch as well, so I do believe there is something in this lotion that is working

• by gecko

The most recent facial moisturizer I have been using is the Olay Regenerist UV Defense Regenerating Lotion with SPF 50. I switched to this lotion after Aveeno did not work for me at all, in fact it burned my skin, and I followed the suggestions for products to try on the Olay website where you answer a few questions about your skin and get recommendations.

This lotion comes in a reasonably small bottle and is more expensive than some of the other Olay creams and lotions. It does, however, have a nice small pump application and so you feel that there is not as much wasted packaging as you get with many other creams and lotions in the

Olay range. At first sight, it squeezes out as a white cream, much thicker than I normally associate with lotions. Each pump only delivers a small amount of lotion, and after a lot of trial and error, I have found that it takes three pumps of lotion to cover my face and neck.

The fragrance is reasonably subtle and in no way overpowering. Certainly once I had put the cream on, I did not notice any residual smell. Because this lotion is very thick, it did take more effort to rub the lotion into my skin. It did not have the slipperiness that some of the other Olay creams have. However, that being said,

• once it was rubbed in, I felt like my skin absorbed it all, and there was no residue left sitting on the surface of the skin or greasy feeling.

Something I did notice was that the lotion feels almost gritty. I noticed this both when rubbing my hands together and when rubbing my face. I have no idea what the grittiness is, perhaps it is the sunscreen?

The only real negative I have about this lotion is that it burns my skin. What I mean by this is that after first applying it, my face has a very strong stinging sensation, particularly near my eye area that lasts between half an hour and an hour. The first

time it happened, I thought I was going to have to wash my face and not use it again. I have got more used to the burning, but for this reason I shall not repurchase this lotion.

I do think my skin looks better after using this lotion. It looks more alive and less dull than with many creams. And I think my skin feels firmer to the touch as well, so I do believe there is something in this lotion that is working.

Whilst I think the lotion works, I can’t say it does more than, for example Total Effects moisturizer, and given that is cheaper and does not burn, I think I will be switching back.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3114101538560131/k2311a1014/10.14.11